The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excited but scared.

901 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  daddyspaycheck 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if I should be nervas or excited. I'm going home for thanksgiving and when I come back my trainer wants me to help him train up two rescue horses.
One is an almost 4 year old warmblood of some kind. He knows he is strong. No one has done much with him he was rescued off a meat truck and has been at the farm since last April. He was let out in the big herd so he could just be a horse and gain some weight in the big grass field. Well the other day we brought him in to get his feet trimmed. My trainer told me last time he was horrible for the farrier and when they tried to put a chain on his nose he freaked out. I told him that was strange because the time before that I pull him into the barn and held him and he was fine he just trembled in fear and few times ( you can tell the poor guy has been abused in his short life time.) but as soon as pet him and told him he was ok he would calm down. So he asked me to do it again and see if Huck would stay calm. He did and after I was able to clean all the burs out of his main tail and forelock...3 hours later and moving slowly he was all cleaned up. He spooked once really bad and jumped forward then put his head at my chest as if to say "save me."
After my trainer said when he got back from his clinics that hes going to and i get back from thanksgiving we are going to work on his training and get him trained up and see what he can do.

Huck's face. He does have a blemish that would put him down in Hunter's but we are thinking he might be a good eventer or hight jumper.

And Also.

Jackson. He was once a really great jumper at I think 3ft. Well the last person that showed him go upset when trying to mount up. Jackson being a big hot danced sideways, and yes that is a bad habit, but his rider then beat him not with a crop but with rocks. Now the poor guy freaks out when ever you try to get on him. Just brining him to the ring he starts to almost hyper ventilate. This summer a girl at the farm proved there was a way to brake through to him. She rode him everyday of the summer and while he was never perfect for her to get on once she was on he was an amazing ride and loved working again. She quit riding and now my trainer wants to work with him again and find time for him He wants me to help. the only problem is im not the best at ground mounting and getting up quickly...guess I should practice.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.