The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   new lesson pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/new-lesson-pony-143608/)

littrella 11-14-2012 10:18 PM

new lesson pony

2 Attachment(s)
My son's last few lessons haven't gone so well. The mare he was ridding decided to test him by throwing her head down & ripping the reins through his little fingers. His last lesson ended with him in tears. He's just not big enough or strong enough to keep her head up. So tonight, our trainer put him on Dotty, the pony I'm hoping to buy in the spring. It went better than I could ever hope! Dotty's biggest problem is she's lazy. Hunter had no problem keeping her moving. He ended the lesson with big smiles & told me he thinks he loves this pony.

Customcanines 11-14-2012 10:35 PM

They both look awfully happy = looks like you're buyinga pony!!!!

SChan 11-15-2012 12:09 AM

Pony

What a sweet match! I'm glad your son is happy :)

The only thing I'd warn you about is this: is your son going to continue with this interest? If he stays with this sport through adolescence, he'll undoubtedly grow bigger, but the pony will stay the same size. They look like a great fit for now, though ;)

Prinella 11-15-2012 12:16 AM

She's gorgeous

littrella 11-15-2012 07:11 AM

SChan, I have thought of that. I have used Dotty a few times for lessons & she is big enough for me to ride. So even if Hunter outgrows her, I can still ride her. Also, I think she's the right size for a driving pony as well

alexis rose 11-15-2012 07:14 AM

I think they look adorable together! I thought about getting Jaydyn a pony and if I did I would always be small enough to ride the pony too. When we get something we all get VERY attached and we keep them for life.

IceDancer94 11-17-2012 11:48 AM

What a CUTE little pony! Like a real life Thellwell! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device