The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   decisions... enough is enough. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/decisions-enough-enough-143618/)

blue eyed pony 11-15-2012 01:14 AM

decisions... enough is enough.

This will probably be short as I am posting with my phone.

I've been working with my girl for almost four months now and we have made some amazing progress. I have learned a huge amount from her but I just feel like she and I aren't really suited personality wise. She is sensitive, hot and can be highly reactive to really little things. I do think some of it is from her previous owner but some of it will be just her too. A friend knows bloodless really well and doesn't know Magic... But described her with eerie accuracy.

I feel that I am not a sensitive enough horse person and don't have quite enough feel to make this work. She would be better off with someone else, someone with more of the things I don't have enough of.

So she is now officially on the market and I did advertise her but had to take down the ad due to some really nasty comments by local folks who have decided I am awful based on what I was like two years plus ago and what they see in what I say that is not actually what is said.

It's really hard for me to admit something just won't work and even harder when apparently I can't do anything right.

I guess this is more of a frustrated rant than anything else but I still would appreciate thoughts on the matter.

At present I am trying to find her a home with a trainer who might take her on as a personal project... She is a sweet heart but so so sensitive she really does need someone who has done it all a million times before. Not someone like me, someone still learning how to train the quiet ones let alone the sensitive ones!

I feel like a failure but hey I tried and I learned a lot which I can hopefully apply to something a little less reactive.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 11-15-2012 02:54 AM

that sounds like a very difficult decision to make. There's no way that it's going to feel good right now. But, hopefully, something good will come out of this.

cheer up!

Lins 11-15-2012 03:23 AM

You are making the right decision. You can't force a partnership to work, that's a recipe for disaster. I hope your horse finds a good home. sounds like my kind of horse actually :lol:
As for the people talking trash, they are not worth your time. Don't let it get to you.

blue eyed pony 11-15-2012 09:35 AM

lins if you're in Aus or willing to pay transport... Lol.

Thanks guys. Means a huge amount. I have gone through 7 horses in 4 years and looking like the next one will most likely be a large pony to train up and then sell. I love ponies but I feel tall on my 15hh gelding so I have no idea if I will even stick with a pony long enough to train it. The short ones are the ones I usually don't bother with! Just frustrating really. My neighbours have a lovely big chestnutter tb gelding that is way skinny... A rescue was the other option to just a bratty pony but I will need help with a rescue whereas I have done it all before with the bratty ponies.
Posted via Mobile Device