The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Apparently you have to be skinny to wear certain things :/ (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/apparently-you-have-skinny-wear-certain-143722/)

BornToRun 11-15-2012 11:09 PM

Apparently you have to be skinny to wear certain things :/

I was looking on youtube for videos on different ways to wear crop tops. I clicked on this video, thinking it would be helpful.

Really something I'd expect to hear from someone much younger than her. Being a teenager, I kind of found this quite insulting. Not to mention it's going to, and probably already has, have a negative impact on someone who may not be the same body type :?

muumi 11-16-2012 02:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wear what you want. As long as you think you can pull it off, and feel comfortable, you are rocking it, and who cares.

The clothes in this tutorial are hideous anyway, so I don't know why they're 'experts' or anyone would take them seriously. Also, that is not what I understand as a crop top at all.

I would think they are even shorter, like this:

And, oh, gasp, she's wearing it with short shorts, emergency! She looks hideous!

Mariss 11-16-2012 02:45 AM

Hahahaha, I cant believe they thought that was an okay thing to say!

If you are comfortable, then wear it! I've put on things that I thought I looked good in, and had my mom politely tell me I'd be better off in something else. Or I've gone out thinking I looked good and started to feel uncomfortable or self conscious halfway through the night!

Be serious with yourself and don't put something on that doesn't work with your body just because its 'trendy' at the time. And its not that it doesn't work because you might be overweight, I have huge breasts and I can't wear a crop top to save my life because it makes me look pregnant! I tried, and it just never works and I had to just accept that fact and stick to things that look good for me!

EvilHorseOfDoom 11-16-2012 02:50 AM

I regularly wear spots with stripes or brown shoes with a black bag as a deliberate "get lost" to the fashion police. Wear what you want, when you want it. Although I advise not wearing lingerie at the supermarket, or a little muslin dress on a skiing holiday for that matter.
Posted via Mobile Device

muumi 11-16-2012 02:53 AM

I love wearing navy and black. Apparently that's also not suggested.
Fashion police often just suck. Be original. Wear the opposite of what they want you too. You'll look better.

Tracer 11-16-2012 04:36 AM

I just can't get over how ridiculous the model looks with the fake mega smile and features that blend into her face... I don't usually condone makeup, but that girl needs some with that tan.

Mariss 11-16-2012 04:42 AM

Seriously though, I don't know where she's from but there is nothing okay with yoga pants, that tube top, and a cardigan.

DancingArabian 11-16-2012 07:40 AM

I don't like crop tops. They start out okay but then they either start to fall off or have your boobs squished down at the top.

I don't think either woman in the video is in a place to give advice on what looks good. They've clearly been told one too many times that their looks are best.
Posted via Mobile Device

BornToRun 11-16-2012 08:56 AM

The crop tops I have are sweaters. They don't show much stomach, and go up to just below my collar bone. I just wanted to wear them with jeans, and I admit that I don't look like that model, and my hips are pretty dominant, but I didn't think they looked that bad really.

Wild Heart 11-16-2012 08:12 PM

Wear what you want, if someone doesn't like they way you look in an outfit they don't have to look!