The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

18 Months and Pregnant

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  cmarie 
#1 ·
I seen this ad on craigslist and it says the one filly is 18 months and pregnant.
I just wondered if you thought she would make it through having a baby. I was upset when i seen that. Whats you guys opinions?

4 Tennessee walkers

#2 ·
Definitely too young. Gosh, and that guy looks so intelligent, too--wonder how it happened? =/
If there's nothing else wrong with the bunch, it could be a good buy, since they'll all so young, and you'd be working with blank slates.
Everyone who sells a horse here should see this ad. The poor condition of the..."stable"...says it all! Even I take some time to clean the cobwebs and dust in the Fall/Winter, and my horses live in my back yard!!

#3 ·
18 months is too young but it should be fine if they find a loving home that will give them the nutrition it needs and watch her carefully when it comes to foaling, fingers crossed the three/four of them find a loving home. I know of a lot of people who have put there mares in foal at 2 yes it is too young but all I have known off have foal problem free.

#5 ·
How would they know she was pregnant? Now I k ow there are exceptions but I have not noticed any of our fillies coming into heat before 18 months at the earliest. Most after 20-22. It just might be a ploy t dupe someone into buying the horses thinking they are getting 4 instead of 3.
I hope this is the case. If not good nutrition should insure a healthy foal and future health of the filly. Shalom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.