The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Our first inspection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/our-first-inspection-14399/)

cheekyhorse 09-06-2008 04:34 PM

Our first inspection

September 5, 2008
Pacific was inspected with the Canadian Trakehner horse society today. There was a large turnout to see him as there is an AGM here tommorrow, so it was a little nerve wracking for me to have so many people here. Some that were present were Larry and Holly Brinker, Herbert Boettcher, Judy Kirkby, Connie Kempter, Ingrid Von Hausen, as well as many many others but I cannot remember everyone's names!
Pacific was looking his best and recieved a great amount of praise from all that attended. They could not find fault with his conformation and stated that he is an outstanding example of the breed. Also noted were his highly desirable bloodlines, and the similarity to Pacific's grandsire Enrico Caruso, as well as the type of his great ancestor Pythagoras. Unfortunatley Pacific measured just under the height requirement of 15.3hh at this time and so was denied approval. The inspectors made a point that I am to re-present him in 2 year's time, as his bloodlines are notorious for late matural and they are very keen on having him approved. For long time Trakehner breeders, you will probably remember that Enrico Caruso was a smaller stallion at inspection too, and was almost denied approval from the German Verband. But Enrico grew another 2-3 inches in the following years and went on to become one of the most prolific sires the Trakehner breed has ever seen. We are more than hopeful that Pacific will reach the required height to be approved by the time he is 7 years old. Although he is a balanced horse, he is still bum high, and only has one more inch to go!!
All were curious to see how Pacific moved, and although we had stopped the inspection, I let him loose for all to see. He did not disappoint!! He happily showed everyone what he can do and floated his way around the arena with great elasticity and power in all gaits.
So overall, all went very well, we recieved EXCELLENT comments from everyone and I am very proud to have a stallion of this calibre, even if he is a smaller guy. I just wish the overall result had been better. In the meantime, I am presenting Pacific to the AWR (American Warmblood Registry)
on September 23rd. (there is no height restriction with this one, so I am feeling rather confident about this one!)
Cheers, Teresa :D

Spyder 09-06-2008 04:44 PM

Sounds like it will work in the future.

What many people don't realize is that sometimes very good stallions are presented to the AWS or AWR simply because of breeding defaults (measurements) like yours.

If for any reason your stallion does not grow he will still be approved.

Sara 09-06-2008 06:25 PM

That's fantastic, I going to think taaaaall thoughts for him over the next two years. Gorgeous stallion :)

cheekyhorse 09-07-2008 09:01 PM

thank you! Do they make platform shoes?, then they will pass him :wink: