The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Going on my 5th day of a migraine! Help! (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/going-my-5th-day-migraine-help-144019/)

Klassic Superstar 11-19-2012 01:25 AM

Going on my 5th day of a migraine! Help!

I think it's time to make a dr apt for this!
I'm extremely frustrated and don't know why it is now for almost 5th day of an extreme headache, pretty sure we are at migraine status but lights don't bitter me so much as long as they are freaking bright like the sun and I'm sitting here listening to my boyfriend play video games so sound is okay, keeps my mind somewhat off of the pain in my head!

Any ideas to what maybe causing this?

I have my wisdome teeth coming in currently and originally was thinking it was from the pain of that but don't think so cause they dint hurt anymore for the time being at least.

This last march ('12) I was in a car accident and had a nasty concision
Wouldn't think it would be from that

Haven't had any recent falls or hit my head on anything
Advil, water, healthy food nothing is helping!
Iv tried a massage, deep breathing, being in a dark silent room
Telling you nothing is helping
It's in the front part of my head, by my eyes
I get kinda dizzy sometimes if I'm up moving around

I have a bit of stress in my life right now but nothing I can't handle, mean iv had way more stress in my life before.

Any suggestions would be great
If I wake up tomorrow and don't feel better I might just cry
It's starting to get me really down

DancingArabian 11-19-2012 01:29 AM

My suggestion is to call your doctor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Klassic Superstar 11-19-2012 01:35 AM

Yup doing that first thing in the morning

Iseul 11-19-2012 02:10 AM

While I agree with calling the doctor in the morning, it could very well be allergies. Since I usually refuse to go to the doctor (only if completely necessary..even though I broke my wrist and ankle and didn't go [BAD on my part]), I've had migraines for days upon days due to allergies. I'm working in a warehouse right now 7-9 hours a day with a half hour break and I've constantly had a headache..next paycheck I'll be buying a box or two of claritin to hopefully stop it, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Klassic Superstar 11-19-2012 02:26 AM

Don't think this is allergies, haven't been around hay and it's not dusty where in at, very clean and it's been raining outside
No sneezing or itchy era or itchy skin
But good thinking!
Thanks!!

tinyliny 11-19-2012 03:43 AM

I think migrains can sometimes be caused when your neck is out of alignment. especially if they aren't something you've dealt with for all your life, but rather something that started and might be connected to an injury.

Klassic Superstar 11-19-2012 04:06 AM

Tiny
That's what the boyfriend is thinking as well
I got a dr apt for 11am tomorrow
I'll let you know what happens

aldebono 11-19-2012 08:42 AM

Have you seen a chiropractor after your car accident?

I get headaches from seasonal allergies and I have to take a non drowsy decongestant like Pseudophedrineand a antihistamine like Zyrtec.

My heating pad and "rice sock" warmed in the microwave are my best friends for headaches as well.

I am so sorry you have had one for so long. I know it is just miserable. *gentle hugs*

Cacowgirl 11-19-2012 08:48 AM

Hope you feel better soon & that the Dr. has some answers for you.

Klassic Superstar 11-19-2012 12:22 PM

Thanks guys
Slept like crap lat night, feeling so so sick with the same freaking headache
Really hope the dr can help relive this
Going to to burry myself in pillows now...dr apt at 11, thank god for my loving boyfriend who is taking me!