The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   AQHA Filly Looking at Buying (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/aqha-filly-looking-buying-144053/)

TaraBearaIsBack 11-19-2012 01:13 PM

AQHA Filly Looking at Buying

2 Attachment(s)
Hi! I've been looking for a filly/colt that I can get that is inexpensive that I can break with my sister so she can have her own horse to ride. I've found a couple but some that I really like haven't contacted me back yet. I found this filly who I think is quite pretty, but I'm a little concerned about her feet. her back feet looked straight, but her front feet looked crooked (the opposite of pigeon toed, I can't remember the name!)

I was hoping I could share the pictures I got of her and have someone else's opinion on her? Like is this something my farrier could fix? (I have an amazing farrier)

And just a little info on her she was born in May 2011 and her breeding is really nice and can be found here: Skip N for Diamonds Quarter Horse

Here she is.
"Jade"

TaraBearaIsBack 11-19-2012 01:26 PM

oh and here is her dreamhorse ad where I found her!!
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1750676 - Skip N For Diamonds

paintedpastures 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

she is pretty cute. She does toe out in fronts but alot of youngsters do at that age:-).As they grow,bulk up & chest widens they straighten.She isn't that bad, I actually would not be too worried,she has lots of filling out to do:D

Elana 11-19-2012 02:26 PM

I like the Weiscamp breeding. Good using horses.

She is not going to be huge (which is fine). She toes out in front but not bad. I hope she toes out a bit behind as that means she is straight. A horse must toe out behind because the hind leg is a spiral construction (like a spring) and toe out behind means that is working and the stifle can clear the belly.

That bit of toe out in front is not a big deal. Trim her feet so they are even and let her grow up.

Would love to see a side shot of her and a shot of her sire and her dam.

FalineDear 11-19-2012 02:30 PM

Holy Skippa, Batman!

She's a nice filly. I would also like to see side shots just to see how level she is and her angles. She's a pretty colour.

TaraBearaIsBack 11-19-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 1764377)
I like the Weiscamp breeding. Good using horses.

She is not going to be huge (which is fine). She toes out in front but not bad. I hope she toes out a bit behind as that means she is straight. A horse must toe out behind because the hind leg is a spiral construction (like a spring) and toe out behind means that is working and the stifle can clear the belly.

That bit of toe out in front is not a big deal. Trim her feet so they are even and let her grow up.

Would love to see a side shot of her and a shot of her sire and her dam.

Thanks for the insight! I'll definitely try to get some other pictures or her. We may go see her in the next week so I could just take some pictures for myself! I think she seems like she'll be a real nice horse.

You said you liked her breeding, I'm not super familiar with it, do you know what kind of stuff she was bred for? Like cattle work or something?