The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   In love with your best friend... woohoo. Not. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/love-your-best-friend-woohoo-not-14407/)

idance0nhooves 09-06-2008 10:31 PM

In love with your best friend... woohoo. Not.

So... I admit it. I'm in love with my best friend. He's... seriously, perfect in my eyes. His best friends [also my best friends] have talked to him... and they say that he likes me, and is thinking about asking me out [we went out once before for a month, but we had just met eachother, jumped the gun, and didn't know anythinggg about eachother, so it was awkward... like dating a stranger, but then we broke up with each other, and have been best friends ever since.]. Then, they said that he doesn't know if he wants to ask me out because he feels like we have more fun as best friends. Because he feels like when we're dating, he can't do certain things around me, and he said he'd always feel like he has to make me happy, or impress me. Seriously... I could punch him in his [gorgeous.. haha] face for saying that though... I mean really. He makes me happy.. by existing, hahahaha. And.. we're best friends, nothing would change between us.. except that technically we're a couple.. of best friendness, that happen to kiss and do other relationship stuff, lol. I just know we both like eachother, and... I have no idea where MY boundaries with him are because of this.

I just have no idea what to do. I want to talk to him about it, but... I don't want to seem like I'm nagging or anything.

I just wish he'd stop being stupid, and realise for once that I like him for who he is, and just because we date, doesn't mean he has to change, or become some amazing boyfriend figure. He's amazing just the way he is, and he could do less than he already does, and he'd still make me just as happy. I just wish he'd realise this, and stop thinking about it so much, and just friggen DO IT.

fongoihngoidnghoidfnhoi,

Anyone else ever had this problem? haha.

lacyloo 09-06-2008 10:34 PM

friends with benefits ???? :lol:

Gingerrrrr 09-06-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyloo
friends with benefits ???? :lol:

i was thinking that too...or talk to him about it.

buckaroo2010 09-06-2008 10:54 PM

agree with everyone else :D

idance0nhooves 09-07-2008 10:36 AM

HAHA. I totally shoulddddddddd.
I'm doing it.
Today.
I'm gonna call his butt up and be like "HEY. we're officially FWB's."
Actually, I talked to him about it once before, and he agreed to it... but he has absolutely borderline no experience with girls, and when he's put into a... friends with benefits moment.. he kinda gets nervous, lol. Not that I've ever tried anything with him, but... that's just how he is. He thinks too much.

horsey*kisses 09-07-2008 01:29 PM

lol i've had the same issue...only not in love just MAJOR lust it was torture!! lol but i think you should just tell him everything you said up there^^ or write it somewhere and 'accidentaly' let him read it or soemthign or just tell him lol tell him he thinks to much lol they usually laugh when you say that but still tell him how you feel lol easier said than done i know
i think thats cute when you like your best friend lol its makes me smile like an idiot when i hear that lol :lol: im a hopeless romantic i cant help it lol
good luck!

Gingerrrrr 09-07-2008 03:11 PM

although if you think about it being FWB would be more akward then just going out.