The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   My New Spotted Saddle Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/my-new-spotted-saddle-horse-144195/)

AshleyFaye 11-20-2012 10:04 PM

My New Spotted Saddle Horse

2 Attachment(s)
So i bought this pretty blue eyed boy today. He is a 4 year old registered Spotted Saddle horse gelding. He has great feet and he has the best personality. And yes i know he needs to put on a little weight.

Cacowgirl 11-21-2012 12:23 PM

Yes, feed him up, establish a bond w/him & be happy abut giving a nice young horse a new lease on life.

FeatheredFeet 11-21-2012 12:44 PM

Very cute boy. With some weight and condition on him, he'll look very handsome. Interesting that you mentioned his feet. The very first thing that jumped out at me when I saw his pic, was that he appeared to be club-footed and possibly back at the knee. Maybe it is just the pic?

Lizzie

gunslinger 11-21-2012 03:08 PM

he's a beauty.....might be just a bit on the thin side but a lot of people like them that way...

I agree with you though, might put a few pounds on him.....

By the way, I grew up in middle TN......Columbia.....

Don't get over than way near enough...

AshleyFaye 11-21-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks everyone i plan on working with him alot. Its just the way hes standing in the picture

FeatheredFeet 11-21-2012 05:05 PM

Glad to know that. I adored my Saddlebred.

Lizzie

AshleyFaye 11-21-2012 08:27 PM

I spent alot of time looking for the right horse and then i found saw him. I adore him already and he is so calm for his age. He is just a big ole teddy bear.

Dead Rabbit 11-21-2012 08:51 PM

he may lose some of that calmness once he puts on some weight.

imagaitin 11-25-2012 01:11 AM

Beautiful! He is a Medicine Horse, correct? I am not sure but he looks like he has the marking of one. Isn't that suppose to be good luck or something? :-)

When I got my guy, he was about 100 pounds under weight, with a snotty nose, and looked like he had run through a barbed wire fence. (He was coming 5.) After a couple of rounds of antibiotics, good food and healing for his sides, he was a beauty. And he kept his gentle spirit; he and I are very close now. I say that only to let you know, I bet you and this horse can make a great connection!

Congratulations!

G8tdh0rse 11-25-2012 12:41 PM

In case you are confused, Saddlebreds and Spotted saddle horses are not the same thing. A spotted saddle horse is a horse that has spots and can gait. All it takes to get papers on one is pictures of spots and a video of a gait. So he coule be a TWH, a MFT, a saddlebred or a cross. It is a new registry created to record the gaited horse that has spots.
A Saddlebred is a specific breed developed over the last several hundred years. It has a long standing registry with much stricter standards.