The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rodeo (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/)
-   -   Barrel racing/gymkhanas (: (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/barrel-racing-gymkhanas-144221/)

redclaybear 11-21-2012 02:50 AM

Barrel racing/gymkhanas (:

I wanted to share with everyone my videos of my green mare, Precious, that I trained! Please no rude comments. This was her second barrel run EVER, I'm holding back her speed in all of her events to get clean turns before focusing on speed. First barrel is our weakness. And the keyhole video's sound is distorted, this was her first run ever on keyhole, and she spooked at the poles haha. I'm SO proud of her, her second race ever and she got a 21. The poles was her first race as well, with only one at home practice, she got a 30 second time, the video cut off half way though.

I also have a video of me barrel racing my retired-ish mare for the first time she had ran in 5 years, it was just practice but I think she did good, second was a bit wide though.

Practice on Dixie:
First practice run on Dixie in 5 years video by redclaybear | Photobucket

Barrels with Precious:
21 sec barrels video by redclaybear | Photobucket

Keyhole with Precious:
Keyhole video by redclaybear | Photobucket

Pole bending with Precious:
30 second poles video by redclaybear | Photobucket

Let me know what you think!!! Please don't be rude, she's my pride and joy because I trained her myself and she's come so far from when we started. These videos were over the summer in June! Sadly, after this race, she went lame and we won't be able to train again until February, thats going to be a total of 8ish months :( but I won't give up on her!

We have other horses lead us into the gate to prevent problems that we had at that show, because if you don't walk in the gate you get disqualified, and the first race I trotted in and they almost disqualified me, so we get lead in now to keep her walking because this horse wants to run (except I don't let her!)

redclaybear 11-21-2012 05:06 AM

Please comment your thoughts! I would also love to see videos of other people's green horses or horses also learning gymkhana (:

So start posting!

Iseul 11-21-2012 08:08 AM

The videos won't work for me on my iPod..but I'll definitely get on the computer tonight after work or tomorrow morning and watch. I'll try and see if I can find my video of ST's first show doing stakes..only trotted since she hadn't canter since she was rescued until I started to work with her while I leased (I wanna show and she has the potential, just nowhere to work on her canter safely right now xD ).
Posted via Mobile Device

redclaybear 11-21-2012 04:14 PM

That would be awesome! I love talking to people who are kind of in the same place as me. And I would love to see your video!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iseul (Post 1766649)
The videos won't work for me on my iPod..but I'll definitely get on the computer tonight after work or tomorrow morning and watch. I'll try and see if I can find my video of ST's first show doing stakes..only trotted since she hadn't canter since she was rescued until I started to work with her while I leased (I wanna show and she has the potential, just nowhere to work on her canter safely right now xD ).
Posted via Mobile Device

BS Hauler 11-22-2012 05:43 PM

Everybody has to start someday. None of us were pro's the start of our riding. You look good in the eyes of another rider.

27cfmd 11-22-2012 05:56 PM

My computer won't load the videos, but my horse is green on gymkhana events except barrels, she is definitely farthest along in them. I only really have videos of her barrels but I don't really have the time to look for them right now, plus she has gotten a lot better.

Fulford15 11-22-2012 06:07 PM

My computer won't load the videos as well...

I love gymkhana! My horse and I did a lot of serious Hunter & Jumper & Dressage showing, so I used to take him to Gymkhana shows for fun! He loved it!! Yup, got some interesting looks from QH people for having a 16.2hh TB in the ring, but I found the shows so much more laid back, everyone cheering for everyone, love the atmosphere! :D We for surely are not "pro's" at it, not even sure what a really good time for Barrels is, our best was 16 or 17 secs, we got first a few times and second lots. I love the feeling of being in the shoot, Turly gets so hyper! And when everyone cheers when your "bringin it home!" :D

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...075_5601_n.jpg

Turly loves pole bending, every pole he changes his lead... to funny :D

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...075_5975_n.jpg

redclaybear 11-23-2012 01:05 AM

Very true! and if you're talking about me thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BS Hauler (Post 1768459)
Everybody has to start someday. None of us were pro's the start of our riding. You look good in the eyes of another rider.

redclaybear 11-23-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulford15 (Post 1768478)
My computer won't load the videos as well...

I love gymkhana! My horse and I did a lot of serious Hunter & Jumper & Dressage showing, so I used to take him to Gymkhana shows for fun! He loved it!! Yup, got some interesting looks from QH people for having a 16.2hh TB in the ring, but I found the shows so much more laid back, everyone cheering for everyone, love the atmosphere! :D We for surely are not "pro's" at it, not even sure what a really good time for Barrels is, our best was 16 or 17 secs, we got first a few times and second lots. I love the feeling of being in the shoot, Turly gets so hyper! And when everyone cheers when your "bringin it home!" :D

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...075_5601_n.jpg

Turly loves pole bending, every pole he changes his lead... to funny :D

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...075_5975_n.jpg

fulford15, those are great pictures! And that's great that your horse changes its lead at every pole! if you can tell in my poles video that my horse has problems with that so she broke into a trot a few times, so thats awesome!

redclaybear 11-23-2012 01:12 AM

Sorry for all the loading the video problems! I really wanted people to see them! Any ideas how to fix that problem??