The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Virginia anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/virginia-anyone-144232/)

EllyMaysLady 11-21-2012 09:46 AM

Virginia anyone?

Hey! Im from central virginia. I havent seen any talk about virginia on here. I was looking for some virginians to share some tips on their favorite places to ride around here, best horse events, or just any info that would be helpful to local riders. Im kind of getting bored with the same old same old :)

Speed Racer 11-21-2012 09:48 AM

Pish, there are plenty of us Virginians around! :wink:

What part of central VA? It's a pretty big state. I'm in south central, near Lynchburg.

DancingArabian 11-21-2012 10:25 AM

Check the Equiery. The Equiery – News & Views

It's our regions horsey magazine. I swear I promote them so much I should be getting commission.

(I'm a Marylander. I can't convince my husband to commute to work and move to Virginia)
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 11-21-2012 10:28 AM

DA, you're up near Frederick, aren't you? Used to be quite the lovely, rural area. Not so much now, unfortunately.

I lived in southern Maryland for 17 years, and used to travel the DC-VA-MD corridors quite a bit.

DancingArabian 11-21-2012 10:30 AM

I'm in Frederick but I board in Ijamsville - that's why I always ask for stuff near there. It's not very lovely in the city part but 5-10 minutes driving in any direction will get you to farmland. I live on post so its an odd mix of open green spaces and ugly buildings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 11-21-2012 10:35 AM

The area around Annapolis is also filled with some beautiful farmland. Just can't afford the prices for any of it!

Joe4d 11-21-2012 10:54 AM

I live southeast of Richmond, tend to ride petersburg battlefield alot. I mainly train for endurance racing, there are several of us scattered around the state, what part of Va ?

DancingArabian 11-21-2012 10:54 AM

I'm buying a lotto ticket tonight. Here's hoping!
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 11-21-2012 10:57 AM

Dancing, I didn't know you're in Frederick! I have family there.

We're planning on moving to VA within the next few years. It's absolutely gorgeous.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 11-21-2012 11:04 AM

Don't forget Virginia Equestrian.com That's always a good resource as well.

What type of riding do you do?