The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   30 days notice (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/30-days-notice-144271/)

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 11-21-2012 05:35 PM

30 days notice

I left the last boarding stables without giving the 30 days notice. I was never late on a payment and always paid in full in cash. I was respectful and didn't even use the tack room provided, I used my trailer. Now, I feel I left on good terms, I cleaned my stall and never had any "drama." The only reason I left is because I couldn't drive the +25 minutes everyday to turn my filly out for an hour and I felt it wasn't fair to her especially since the weather in CO is very nice through fall. Plus the pasture I moved her to was very near my house. Would it be out of the question to think that I can go back to the boarding stable now that it's winter time and I can't get out to the stables everyday anyways?

Nightside 11-21-2012 05:43 PM

I don't see the harm in asking. Worst they can say is no.
Posted via Mobile Device

sillyhorses 11-21-2012 06:56 PM

If you were on good terms with the BO (and they were okay without the 30 days notice), I'd go ahead and call. :)

goingnowhere1 11-21-2012 09:12 PM

Unless they showed any anger about you leaving without the notice, there's no harm in asking. If you're a nervous caller, call them at a really late/early time so you can leave a message and they can call you back with the answer.

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 11-21-2012 10:09 PM

Cool, I signed a waiver at the beginning of my board there to which he said there was a 30 day notice but, seemed to shrug it off like it wasn't a big deal... I didn't mean to not give 30 days notice but, upon finding the opportunity to move my girl close to home I jumped! I left with like ten days paid left on my board. I've emailed them and am waiting for a response maybe, I'll call in the next few days...

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Saddlebag 11-25-2012 03:30 PM

By your barn owner shrugging off the agreement perhaps he was leaving the door open should you wish to return. After all, it is a business and empty spaces don't have any income. Please call, an email is too impersonal.

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 11-25-2012 08:06 PM

I think I may go drop by and ask in person... Maybe even drop a deposit on by.