The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   What's your worst dressage score? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/whats-your-worst-dressage-score-144475/)

Weezilla 11-23-2012 10:01 PM

What's your worst dressage score?

Mine? 52.381. 4th level test 2.

Phew. Believe it or not, I actually thought it was worse, like a 48%....but nope, I looked it up. Maybe the 48 was a schooling show :shock::oops::lol:

I also got an appallingly low score for a 3Day dressage test in college where my schoolhorse left the arena twice, but I don't recall the exact number and thankfully can't find any scores going back that long ago :mrgreen:

Kayty 11-24-2012 06:03 AM

*hand up* I'll fess up!
My worst is a 49.7%.... young horse's first time out, just a walk/trot test.
Horse warmed up nicely, spotted the judges cars and flowers around the arena and lost it. He backed up all the way to the judges car, and I then had to enlist the help of a lovely woman to lead him back to A so that he would at least walk forwards. Once in the arena, we zig zagged the whole way down the centre line, started some small rears in the salute, and proceeded to complete the test sideways, backwards and upwards in both directions!
Finished the test and the judge was laughing as I shrugged and apologised.
Horse had the snot worked out of him afterwards until he would go VERY forward!!!!!

I guess the other would have to be the one and only time I've been eliminated. State Championship comp as a Young Rider. The mare I was riding did a brilliant test for me, and we were sitting on an easy 70%. Was just about to get back to A for my final CL, and she spooked at something in the distance and quicker than I could blink, she'd jumped sideways out of the arena!!!!!!

Weezilla 11-24-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 1770045)
*hand up* I'll fess up!
Horse warmed up nicely, spotted the judges cars and flowers around the arena and lost it. He backed up all the way to the judges car, and I then had to enlist the help of a lovely woman to lead him back to A so that he would at least walk forwards. Once in the arena, we zig zagged the whole way down the centre line, started some small rears in the salute, and proceeded to complete the test sideways, backwards and upwards in both directions!
Finished the test and the judge was laughing as I shrugged and apologised.
Horse had the snot worked out of him afterwards until he would go VERY forward!!!!!

I guess the other would have to be the one and only time I've been eliminated. State Championship comp as a Young Rider. The mare I was riding did a brilliant test for me, and we were sitting on an easy 70%. Was just about to get back to A for my final CL, and she spooked at something in the distance and quicker than I could blink, she'd jumped sideways out of the arena!!!!!!

BRAVO!! Excellent! :clap::clap::thumbsup:

faye 11-24-2012 08:43 AM

I think my worst actual score would probably be the first time I took Reeco out. Did a walk/trot dressage test. Reeco felt massivly explosive to I wasnt inclined to push him forwards so his trot was more of a half hearted shuffle and then he decided that on 2 half 20m circles in trot he needed to have a good gawp at the whiteboards and was conciquently bent the wrong way.
I think we got a 56% or possibly 58 I cant remember.

I have however been eliminated a couple of times on stan when his sense of humor reared its ugly head. I had one test where he did about half the test beautifully then decided to do a rodeo display and bronked so hard I was catapulted into the judges car. Anouther time he decided that his own shadow was out to eat him and insisted on doing what could best be described as capriole down the centre line and jumping out of the arena just to the left of the judges car (thankfully not onto the car).

Normal on stan when he was on form we never got anything below about 65%

katdressagegirl 11-24-2012 06:09 PM

Worst show ever was the fall of last year. It was just a little schooling show at a laid-back farm...perfect for taking a horse whom had very little exposure to the outside world although he was about 20. My instructor and I had taken my boy to about a half-dozen or more places to just get out and around. I wasn't sure how it would go but I was hoping for the best while expecting the worst. I walked him around and around...spent a couple hours before my first ride just letting him chill and check things out. I got on him and we just watched the rides. He was a bit tense but not really spooky.

So I go and warm him up in the indoor. We were only riding Training Level since we had no idea how he would be. This was my first show with him...coming off riding a wonderful mare who earlier last year I was showing at Second Level and we got pretty nice scores.

He was fairly good in the warm-up. Definitely not very relaxed but at least he kept his spooking to a minimum. Feeling slightly hopeful, we enter the arena. I walked him around once then ventured a little trot. Right off he spooks at a hoofprint in the dirt. I laughed it off a bit....he then spooked at his own shadow. I rolled my eyes. Then he wouldn't go through a smallish puddle in one of the corners. Finally got him through that.

The judge rang the bell. I told myself that it was no big deal...and went down the centerline. That's when things all went to hell. My instructor, watching from the sidelines literally thought I was coming off a couple times. Oh it was a great test....complete with a hand-gallop down the long side, spooking at X, and B, and C, and E, and A. Several non-transitions and zero relaxation and harmony ensued. Some children running around, a couple stray papers and a terrifying roll-top jump somewhere off in a distant field were all too scary to contend with.

We finally finished the test from hell. I still patted him on the shoulder, still told him he was a good boy. Because he was...even though I was near tears on the inside. I can't remember the exact score but I believe it was somewhere in the very low 40s%. As where the next two rides *sigh*

Tigo 11-24-2012 06:16 PM

Looks like my lowest score was a 50.9, at second level on my pony, at a recognized show. I remember that day....that judge was having an awful day or something, everyone had just terrible scores :lol: . Funny thing, the day before I had a 16% higher score at second level and that pony is rock solid at shows. So I know it wasn't him being a doofus. :-P

Kayty 11-24-2012 07:13 PM

Don't worry Tigo I had one like that recently at state championship level!!! One just had me on nearly 68%, second judge on 55%... And I felt like it was the best test I'd ridden on that horse, watched the video, he was stunning soft forward up and really travelling, accurate, beautiful stretch on my long and low circle.
That judge had nearly every competitor around 10% lower than the judge at C. Since the. He's had to go back and do some training as the club received so many complaints.
Posted via Mobile Device

EvilHorseOfDoom 11-24-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 1770045)
*hand up* I'll fess up!

That sounds exactly like that "dressage test" cartoon :rofl: Glad the judge had a sense of humour and could see the funny side!

I don't ride tests precisely so I can avoid low scores :-P How cunning a plan is that?

ellygraceee 11-24-2012 07:37 PM

My lowest scores are all around 47%. I had a horse who just wasn't suited to any form of dressage and would misbehave the entire time because he just didn't enjoy it. At home he was training medium so it wasn't like he wasn't capable, he just didn't suit competitive dressage. He did alright in the walk/trot tests but the moment canter was involved, he'd lose his marbles and get ridiculously over excited. A friend competed him once and barely scraped a 33%. That horse was sold interstate and is now a fox hunter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weezilla 11-24-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellygraceee (Post 1770847)
My lowest scores are all around 47%. I had a horse who just wasn't suited to any form of dressage and would misbehave the entire time because he just didn't enjoy it. At home he was training medium so it wasn't like he wasn't capable, he just didn't suit competitive dressage. He did alright in the walk/trot tests but the moment canter was involved, he'd lose his marbles and get ridiculously over excited. A friend competed him once and barely scraped a 33%. That horse was sold interstate and is now a fox hunter.
Posted via Mobile Device

A horse I evented in college hated dressage also - you could finesse him at home if you were clever and tactful and changed the subject before he got snitty, but get him near a ring at a show and he was a real turd. He was a XC machine, though:-) He was a schoolhorse and was a very good teacher:wink: I'm sure he'd have preferred to be a foxhunter too.