The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/its-beginning-look-lot-like-christmas-144638/)

MHFoundation Quarters 11-25-2012 09:36 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

3 Attachment(s)
Who's started decorating? Let's see your holiday pretties! :D

We went yesterday and cut down our main tree - the one in my dining room where everyone gathers and where Santa leaves his delivery. My kiddo manned one end of the saw and felled her own tree this year. She chose a monster Balsam Fir. It's 9' tall (now anyway, after we trimmed up the bottom and shortened it a fuzz lol) In the finished picture it is touching my window behind it and is 7 feet away from it. It was a challenge to get things on top even on my step ladder :lol: It smells soooo good in my house now!

I have half of a pickup truck load of fresh greenery and will be doing wreaths, swags and such this afternoon. Will also be putting up 7 fake trees, one in each window visible from our road and one on each of our decks & covered porch outside.

The final pick
Attachment 119417
Getting ready to saw, daddy instructing on proper handling lol.
Attachment 119418
Finished :) Though I'm going to have to do something different for the skirt, it's looking kind of wimpy underneath the tree...
Attachment 119419

cakemom 11-25-2012 11:15 AM

Beautiful!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 11-25-2012 11:18 AM

I'm jealous! All we get is a little led light up tree they sell at Walmart that's like a foot high..But oh well, at least we get to pick our presents out finally? Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

jumanji321 11-25-2012 01:52 PM

I wish we could have a real tree but my mom is allergic:( Yours is beautiful however!

farmpony84 11-25-2012 02:19 PM

So pretty! I want a tree....

Missy May 11-25-2012 06:16 PM

Wow! You are in the spirit right out the gate! Good on you! We haven't even gotten the decorations out, yet.

MHFoundation Quarters 11-25-2012 07:18 PM

Thanks all!

Yep Missy, a bit early lol. We've always put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend. If it was up to DD it would have been up a month ago...

cakemom - any cool holiday cakes in the works?

cakemom 11-25-2012 09:51 PM

Not yet. Was trying to get someone convinced on a poinsettia and snowflake wedding but they want hydrangeas. I'll be doing gingerbread and snowmen cookies for sure though and making horse based ornaments for my barn gals that ride with Sarah. Tree will go up tomorrow. Spent today walking a renaissance faire with the hubby while he worked a detail.
Posted via Mobile Device

FlyGap 11-26-2012 11:47 AM

Way to go!! Hope you guys all had a safe and fun Thanksgiving! ARG, this is all happening too fast!

We're getting our stuff out this evening. Mom got me some cool paisley lights that are uber hippy, those'll look cool right? LOL! Going to hang them around the windows, E and I have been cutting up snowflakes for them too. Unfortunately she's going for quantity over quality so I'm going to have a bunch of 8X11 squares with diamonds... Oh well!

Wild Heart 11-26-2012 02:16 PM

Looks like the perfect tree to me! Love how it is decorated. =)

I wish my family would still get real trees around Christmas but we've been using a 7ft artificial one for quite some time now. I really miss the real ones though.
However, my family and I put together our tree on Thanksgiving day and put the lights on. Now, we are just waiting for a time when everyone has work off so we could put the ornaments up. Ornaments are a big deal in our family and we have some really beautiful old ones that have been passed down.

Anyone else decorate the front of their house?