The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Just had to brag (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/just-had-brag-144688/)

tbrantley 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

Just had to brag

I have started training my two year old twh. She is doing awesome. I have rode her over Shawnee National Forest, "Garden of the Gods" . We would pass other people own the trails walking, pushing strolers, walking dogs, hiking etc...... This young filly took it all in stride. She went inside caves, up and down some pretty tough terrian like a old pro. She is crossing creeks, ditches and logs without hesitation. She rode in front, middle and back she didn't care. We also rode away from the group without any problems. I think she is going to be amazing. Today, I just worked her in the arena developing her running walk. I am so proud of her, she was just amazing the way she glided across the arena. She is going to have a super smooth running walk. She has been so easy to set her head and tail and she loves to go. I was riding her with older horses and I was told that she was out shining all of them. She never hesitated to do anything I asked. I just love gaited horses.:D

I feel like I have won the lottery!!!

Cacowgirl 11-26-2012 10:23 AM

Yes, it sounds like you did! Congrats & happy that you had such a lovely ride.

tbrantley 11-26-2012 07:59 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

tbrantley 11-26-2012 08:02 PM

Thank you. I am still feeling the excitement from my filly doing such a great job. She is so much easier to break then retraining my last horse
Posted via Mobile Device

TheAQHAGirl 11-26-2012 08:14 PM

Congrats! Riding a walkers is so much fun, I remember when I had mine. (:

Keep us updated!

LuLuSwoozie 12-18-2012 02:45 PM

Looks like you've got an awesome friend and horse for life! I bet she'll be awesome in shows!

Country Woman 12-18-2012 04:18 PM

would love to see some pictures of your filly

tbrantley 12-25-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Woman (Post 1805237)
would love to see some pictures of your filly

Right now we are preparing for a blizard but I hope to get some picts. later.......:lol: