The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What's Your Career? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/whats-your-career-144817/)

KeepCalmAndTrotOn 11-26-2012 09:28 PM

What's Your Career?

What's your career? Horsey or not(: What college did you go to. Your salary, etc.

ls6firebird 11-26-2012 10:07 PM

i have a diesel performance shop. i didnt go to college. started out helping at a neighbors diesel shop in high school and he taught me the ropes. after high school, i was a truck driver for a few years. i kept doing side work at the shop. had a pretty bad accident and couldnt go back to driving where i was working. so i started doing performance work out of my shop and luckily it took off pretty quick.

Phly 11-26-2012 10:39 PM

Anything that moves or needs moved, I move it. Anything that needs fixed, I fix it. Self employed, well kinda, I work for myself but for many companys. Not much schooling. Jr high school drop out :( ah, to do it all over again!!
Posted via Mobile Device

JaphyJaphy 11-26-2012 10:39 PM

I work for EMS as a medic, I train horses (part-time) and I do carpentry work. I'm currently working on a Law degree, but I find it quite boring (not hands-on enough for me!) and I'm think of switching my studies to something more...well, hands-on! I've considered doing midwife training. I'm not paid a salary, and my income varies, but I think I'm doing pretty darn well considering my age!

DancingArabian 11-26-2012 11:06 PM

Project Manager.
I'm in school for an accounting degree (will finish next year). I we t to many community colleges (kept running out of money). I live in a 6 figure household.
Posted via Mobile Device

FlyGap 11-26-2012 11:27 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Artist, web entrapnuer, music venue helper (DH & family business), farmer...
I went to university and community college. Pay... Never enough!
Posted via Mobile Device

Silent one 11-27-2012 12:05 AM

Forensic CPA for last 11 years. Graduated from Austin Peay University in Clarksville, Tennessee. Salary is never enough to do all I want to!

mtngrl7500 11-27-2012 12:39 AM

I went to college with full intentions of being a veterinarian. I was going to the local community college getting some basics out of the way while I decided on which university I wanted to go to. In the meantime I worked at an animal hospital and decided that I really liked what I did, so I went to Hinds Community College/Mississippi State University to get certified as a technician. I met my hubby while in school and ended up in the middle of nowhere Mississippi and the area vets weren't paying but minimum wage even being certified so I became a bank teller. After 10 years of that I'm now a stay-at-home mom but I'm studying medical transcription. The plan is to do that part time just to keep up to date with the profession incase I need it as a backup job. Whatever money I make with it will just go into an IRA.

Canterklutz 11-27-2012 02:01 AM

Professional resume sender...:lol:

Iseul 11-27-2012 10:05 AM

Lucky, Canterklutz, I don't even have a resume, lol.
I'm currently working full time as a temp at Fedex for $9 an hour..not allowed overtime and don't get paid time and a half for holidays...which I feel should definitely be illegal. I called off for thanksgiving and Friday (said I had family things on friday that I had to do). I'm through an employment service though.
I'm going to another employment service to try and get a less..stand on my feet all day and throw packages around job this week sometime though..

I went to Meredith Manor to get all my farrier stuff and our farrier said he'd send all his overflow to me..I feel like that won't happen since I dropped out though. I can trim a horse pretty **** good and can keep myself from disciplining the horse as it were mine, but I don't think it's going to be my career..Not to mention, I don't know any farrier that works out of an Altima xD
Posted via Mobile Device