The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Itching and red skin. (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/itching-red-skin-144930/)

SorrelHorse 11-28-2012 02:07 AM

Itching and red skin.

This past week, my collarbone, upper arms, and face have just been itching like crazy! They've been red and it reminds me of poison oak, but there is legitimately no way I could of been in contact with anything (I haven't been in contact with anyone, the dogs are always inside, the horses have no poison oak in their pen because it doesn't grow in the valley) plus it's on and off. Sometimes it'll be totally red a bit later it'll still itch but not be red.

I haven't changed anything in my routine, no super new skin products. The only semi-recent thing that has happened was about a month ago I bought some home-made raspberry soap bars from a bizarre and have been using those...But I'd imagine if I was going to get irritation from that it would of been sooner than just this week.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I put some aloe on it and nothing happened and some normal lotion which also didn't help. I have some oatmeal Aveeno cream that I'm trying now. Any other ideas? :/

elleng0728 11-28-2012 12:39 PM

Try some cortizone cream and see if that clears it up

littrella 11-29-2012 03:01 PM

benadryl or similar antihistamine (sp) It could be the soap. If it's handmade, maybe something didn't get mixed in all the way & your just now down to the level where it is???

SorrelHorse 11-29-2012 03:31 PM

Okay, I actually figured it out...The towels I was using at the workout room and the shower were exposed to something I'm allergic to apparantly. :lol: Not a lot but I swapped out the towels and it's gone away. Would explain why it's just this week too because I've been showering at my trainers lately. Brought my own towel yesterday and haven't seen any redness or irritation since. Thanks for the advice you guys. <3