The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   ZOMBIES are coming! What do you do? (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/zombies-coming-what-do-you-do-144946/)

Tianimalz 11-28-2012 10:26 AM

ZOMBIES are coming! What do you do?
 
:lol:

A infection broke out in your region, just to make it easier for everyone lets make it a "Walking Dead" scenario (since its the most popular and well known at the moment). The infection is airborn, you're infected but as long as you and who you are traveling with don't die you're good. The outbreak has happened the next town over from you, and you have reason to believe it is headed your way.

What do you do? Do you wait and hope for evacuation, or do you take matters into your own hands? List your steps for either.

Assuming by then I'm still living with at least a few of my siblings (all younger).

My plan of actions:

Use my cellphone while the towers are still operational, call all friends and family and let them know where I am going, my estimated time of arrival and write down their information and plans in a notebook for me to keep on my person.

Have my trail riding friends/neighbors join me, make sure they bring their spare horses for those who don't have any (horses can easily outrun a zombie, specially our speed demons :wink: ).

Make everyone take a back pack of essentials, water, dried food, medical supplies, and their own notebook of the "plan"

Load the horses up with camping supplies needed for the long ride.

Ride the horses to the land my in-laws own up in the Virginia mountains one state over, nice and secluded but with lots of game and vegetation to sustain my horses. Once we get past the highway, most of it is old roads and easy to avoid populated areas. Wouldn't put it past me to loot for supplies along the way and pick up any spare pack animals.

Get to the mountains, meet up with family, build a fort like base and hold out... then make more plans after we make it through a few seasons :lol: Set up looting parties, guard watch, and establish a code of conduct and steps that must be followed should someone die while in the fort. It'd be more dictatorship than democracy, but it'd ensure a tighter rein of control of what happens during the first crucial year.

Weapon of choice:
Bow and arrow. Reusable and effective.

Mode of transportation:
Horseback. Fast, no gas needed, not limited by road space, and self-sustainable.

So, anyone else have a plan?

riccil0ve 11-28-2012 10:36 AM

Panic and find someone to save me, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

NBEventer 11-28-2012 10:54 AM

Well... Hubby is a huge Walking Dead fan and already has a plan. So i'll just follow him lol. We have lots of guns, he is an amazing shot, im not to bad myself. We have hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo already(competitive shooting) and load our own. So pack up the supplies and run like heck lol. Id say I would go get my horse, but alas my horse is a spaz that is scared of a fly on the wall, so we wouldn't get far.

We will head south, meet up with you and bunker down lol.

Tianimalz 11-28-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 1775770)
Well... Hubby is a huge Walking Dead fan and already has a plan. So i'll just follow him lol. We have lots of guns, he is an amazing shot, im not to bad myself. We have hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo already(competitive shooting) and load our own. So pack up the supplies and run like heck lol. Id say I would go get my horse, but alas my horse is a spaz that is scared of a fly on the wall, so we wouldn't get far.

We will head south, meet up with you and bunker down lol.

:twisted: Goood...goood.... my clan is already converging nicely. Be sure to bring Maggie, we need a watch dog :lol:

NBEventer 11-28-2012 11:04 AM

Hmm... I thought you said you wanted a watch dog? All you would be getting is a teddy bear that smothers you in kisses. But there is no leaving her behind, my little princess goes everywhere. We will bring Boo... he can chase the evil away. Hes already beat up a cat :rofl:

Tianimalz 11-28-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 1775782)
Hmm... I thought you said you wanted a watch dog? All you would be getting is a teddy bear that smothers you in kisses. But there is no leaving her behind, my little princess goes everywhere. We will bring Boo... he can chase the evil away. Hes already beat up a cat :rofl:

LOL! well, then Maggie can just be our designated blanket heater then.

Nightside 11-28-2012 11:12 AM

My plan would be to sit tight. I have 12 fenced acres, double and triple fenced with brush line, so it is difficult for people even in trucks to see our property. Our neighbor has a 12 foot fence with rolling gate and is an older fellow so I would team up with him, in exchange for meat from the animals if necessary. I have 12 dogs so they would alert me to the presence of intruders and a few wouldn't hesitate to bite someone if they felt I was in danger. I also have some military training so I know some hand to hand and armed combat, so I'm sure that would help. Unfortunately the horses would end up traded or eaten, since only one is rideable, one is pregnant, and one needs his hooves worked on. So, that's the plan!
Posted via Mobile Device

TheLauren 11-28-2012 12:21 PM

I'm screwed. I live on an island with major bridges being my best method of egress.. except that brings me straight to zombies!

So I'd need to head east, and catch a boat to a smaller island not attached by a bridge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tianimalz 11-28-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLauren (Post 1775897)
I'm screwed. I live on an island with major bridges being my best method of egress.. except that brings me straight to zombies!

So I'd need to head east, and catch a boat to a smaller island not attached by a bridge.
Posted via Mobile Device

PFT! That's actually awesome, get a boat and you could start your own island community. Only downside would be having enough supplies to sustain everyone :think:

NBEventer 11-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tianimalz (Post 1775946)
PFT! That's actually awesome, get a boat and you could start your own island community. Only downside would be having enough supplies to sustain everyone :think:

I say we do it. I bet we could. Live off the land... lets find one and start packing it up to get it ready. Because the zombies will be here one day!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0