The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Another Critique of Walter (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/another-critique-walter-145164/)

xxdanioo 11-30-2012 11:32 AM

Another Critique of Walter

2 Attachment(s)
First photo is recent, vs the second photo which is from last March. He is 2 and a half now, just finishing up 30 days of training. I would like to know how he is looking. All input welcome. Thanks!

Hailey1203 11-30-2012 11:48 AM

Im not a conformation expert by any means, but i'll tell you what i see :)

He is bum high, but considering he is only 2, that could be something he could still grow out of.
His neck looks a little under muscled as well.
He looks slightly toed out in the back, and something looks off about his front right hoof

I do quite like his short, muscular back and nice round bum though!
And he has a nice shoulder!

xxdanioo 11-30-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey1203 (Post 1778973)
Im not a conformation expert by any means, but i'll tell you what i see :)

He is bum high, but considering he is only 2, that could be something he could still grow out of.
His neck looks a little under muscled as well.
He looks slightly toed out in the back, and something looks off about his front right hoof

I do quite like his short, muscular back and nice round bum though!
And he has a nice shoulder!

His front right in the second pic? He was probably due for a trim lol I do agree, he is a tad toed out in the back.

The first pic is the most recent, the second one is from March, so I hope he is looking better!

Hailey1203 11-30-2012 12:01 PM

Yeah, he definitely looks better in the most recent pic!

Although, i cant see his front right to tell if its been fixed or not.

Overall, he is beautiful. What do you plan on doing with him?

Lins 11-30-2012 12:03 PM

What a cutie. His toes look too long.
Posted via Mobile Device

xxdanioo 11-30-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey1203 (Post 1778993)
Yeah, he definitely looks better in the most recent pic!

Although, i cant see his front right to tell if its been fixed or not.

Overall, he is beautiful. What do you plan on doing with him?

His feet look fine. He was trimmed last weekend. The trim before the farrier did them too long.

I am planning on mostly doing western pleasure and trail. Some english pleasure, maybe hunter in the far future.

xxdanioo 11-30-2012 04:14 PM

Does anyone see anything that will hold him back from performing well in WP/EP/Trail/Halter?

Allegro 11-30-2012 05:01 PM

He looks down hill, sickle hocked and buck kneed. He has a good sloping shoulder and looks pretty good overall. As he is two, he may have a little more growing to do, although most of his major growth is probably done

Allegro 11-30-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxdanioo (Post 1779366)
Does anyone see anything that will hold him back from performing well in WP/EP/Trail/Halter?

Since those are not high-stress activities, I think he will be sound, a comfortable ride, and will perform well. :) No red flags from me that would be severe enough to affect his performance there.

xxdanioo 12-02-2012 08:20 PM

thanks,