The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   This english saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/english-saddle-145204/)

Horsecrazy4ever 11-30-2012 05:21 PM

This english saddle?

2 Attachment(s)
I have a HORSE FORUM member that offered a saddle to me... what do you think?
here is how she described it
---------------------------
The saddle is an older one. It had a plate on it at some point that I think had the brand on it, but it doesn't any longer. It is wide/med. Wide. The tree is in good condition and solid. There is cosmetic scuffs and scrapes, but nothing horrible.

One of the billets on the off side is no good due to it having been scraped, but the other two are solid and work fine. There is separation of the panel from the front padding, but again, it is cosmetic. You can't see it during use and it does not affect using it.
It has just been my schooling saddle, and for trails and stuff.

$100 + around $25 shipping

** I am supposed to get more pics of it tomorrow **

so what do you guy's think? I think it looks pretty good.:-)

Fulford15 11-30-2012 05:26 PM

Although it's older, it seems to be in pretty good condition! :-)

Cacowgirl 11-30-2012 06:48 PM

Are the leathers, iron, & girth included? If they are-pretty good deal,otherwise you'll have to buy all those parts. Do you know what size girth you need?

freia 11-30-2012 07:01 PM

Age and/or cosmetic issues don't matter. If it's solid, safe (ie billets won't break), and fits you and your horse (and your budget), then I'd say you might be in business.

Get pics of the billets and the underside.

Horsecrazy4ever 11-30-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacowgirl (Post 1779527)
Are the leathers, iron, & girth included? If they are-pretty good deal,otherwise you'll have to buy all those parts. Do you know what size girth you need?

The leathers, irons, and 4 saddle pads are included... I got to get a girth though. Oh, dear. I may ask the seller to include a girth that fits, for an extra price :)

thanks

Horsecrazy4ever 11-30-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freia (Post 1779541)
Age and/or cosmetic issues don't matter. If it's solid, safe (ie billets won't break), and fits you and your horse (and your budget), then I'd say you might be in business.

Get pics of the billets and the underside.

she is sending them tomorrow.

Horsecrazy4ever 11-30-2012 07:22 PM

Or does this saddle look better?
Wintec All Purpose with CAIR Panels and Adjustable Gullet 17 5" | eBay

kitten_Val 11-30-2012 08:01 PM

I could of miss it somewhere, but what is the brand of the saddle in OP?

unclearthur 12-01-2012 07:37 AM

'Separation of the panel from the front padding' would worry me a bit. And I'd love to know what a 'scraped' billet is :)

Speed Racer 12-01-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1779608)
I could of miss it somewhere, but what is the brand of the saddle in OP?

She doesn't know, Val. Apparently the brand plate was taken off somewhere down the line, which is highly suspicious to me.

Plus, the front panel separation is troublesome. Billet straps can be replaced, but any place on top of the saddle that's separating is cause for concern.