The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Parenting (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/)
-   -   Cute Christmas craft to do with the kiddos (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/cute-christmas-craft-do-kiddos-145320/)

MHFoundation Quarters 12-01-2012 09:32 PM

Cute Christmas craft to do with the kiddos

1 Attachment(s)
M saw a picture of a craft project she wanted to try. Here's how she recycled some 2 liter bottles. I think they turned out pretty cute!
Attachment 120191

Paintlover1965 12-01-2012 09:34 PM

What sweet little penguins! Nice craft for the kiddies!

Kayella 12-01-2012 09:38 PM

I'm 19 years old with no kids but OH MY GOD I NEED TO DO THIS!!!

MHFoundation Quarters 12-01-2012 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol Kayella! M had a blast making them. DH did the cutting and hot glue, she painted. I have a splinted hand or you bet I'd have made one too!

Here's the direction sheet she brought home from the library
Attachment 120196

Kayella 12-01-2012 09:48 PM

I will definitely have to do this when I have some spare time!! maybe after my surgery hehe. Although the penguin may come out all distorted while I'm hopped up on pain meds bahaha

tinyliny 12-01-2012 10:05 PM

those are cool. I'd put some sand in the bottom before sealing them so they stay weighted upright where you want them to.

your daughter has a steady hand to paint that well.

MHFoundation Quarters 12-02-2012 12:23 AM

Good thinking Caroline. When she makes more I will do that! Pretty sure that's what grandparents are getting from her lol.

DH did outlines for her on the b&w part and a couple touch ups after. She did the rest. She's much more artsy than I am and has always loved to color & paint. She will choose sitting with a pad of paper and colored pencils over most other toys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lockwood 12-03-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1781207)
Good thinking Caroline. When she makes more I will do that! Pretty sure that's what grandparents are getting from her lol.

DH did outlines for her on the b&w part and a couple touch ups after. She did the rest. She's much more artsy than I am and has always loved to color & paint. She will choose sitting with a pad of paper and colored pencils over most other toys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Any chance you could bottle some of that for my DS?
I'll even pay S&H!