The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Magazines (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-magazines-14538/)

Jemma 09-10-2008 08:48 PM

Horse Magazines

Hey everyone, I'm new here *waves* and I was just wondering what horsey magazines you all get. I currently get Horse Illustrated and have for about five years now, and I am looking to start getting another one. So which ones do you all like, is there a particular reason you like it? I'm 17, beginnerish to horseback riding and ride English if that helps with suggestions. Thanks! :D

omgpink 09-10-2008 08:51 PM

Hi! and welcome to HF! I also get Horse Illustrated! I also get Horse and Rider and Eqqus. Hope you like it around here!!! :)

Solon 09-10-2008 10:43 PM

I get Equus and Horse Illustrated. If you get them online at Amazon.com you can get them for $10 to $12 for the ENTIRE year. Very good magazine deals there!

My2Geldings 09-11-2008 09:33 PM

I also used to get a subscription to Horse Illustrated. They re-designed the magazine and started to really be annoyed at the amount of non-english articles they started to put in it. Having said that, Practical Horseman puts to many articles of "how to" which is really directed to those that self teach themselves which also annoys me. I take lessons and have no use for those articles. I haven't seen any other magazines that are any good.

4EverPainted 09-11-2008 09:41 PM

i like western horseman. I dont have a subscription or anything but i get it occasionally just to read about the higher level stuff and the reanching buisness's out there and whatever, but considering you're english that wouldn't really work. I also read horse illustrated too.

Remali 09-11-2008 11:04 PM

Hi there and welcome! I get Equus, Horse Illustrated, and The Trail Rider. I love all the great articles they offer. If you like to trail ride, you will love Trail Rider!

MsEddi 09-11-2008 11:39 PM

Horse illustrated and equus, love them both.