The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What ethnicity are Canadians? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-ethnicity-canadians-145435/)

KeepCalmAndTrotOn 12-02-2012 10:27 PM

What ethnicity are Canadians?

I've ALWAYS wanted to live in Ottawa, Canada. And just out of curiosity, what is the main ethnicity there?(Ex: French, etc) Are there many mixed people? I have several ethicities, and I was just wondering if it would be a problem for me? LOL.

WSArabians 12-02-2012 10:51 PM

I'm Irish/Scottish (haha I know! Best of the worst I say! :D ) but I'm in Alberta and being a Conservative redneck you probably won't catch me dead in Quebec.

Montreal I heard is a supremely ignorant city. Ottawa, from what I understand, has a lot of mixed ethnicities (have heard they keep their own niche's for living in the city) but is very welcoming and a really fun place.
I do know it is french/english whereas Montreal is french.

But, that is my second hand hearsay. First hand hearsay is that Alberta is best. :lol:

Lins 12-02-2012 10:54 PM

That's like asking what ethnicity are americans. Kind of a very strange question.
Posted via Mobile Device

BornToRun 12-02-2012 10:55 PM

There's an equality between French and English speaking Ottawains. A lot of us can speak both (I don't). So as long as you speak one you should be fine!

WSArabians 12-02-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lins (Post 1782405)
That's like asking what ethnicity are americans. Kind of a very strange question.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought so at first too but I think she was really referring to Quebec and how inter-racial it is. I think.

WSArabians 12-02-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 1782407)
There's an equality between French and English speaking Ottawains. A lot of us can speak both (I don't). So as long as you speak one you should be fine!

Do you know where Brockville is?

BornToRun 12-02-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1782436)
Do you know where Brockville is?

Yepp!!

WSArabians 12-02-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 1782438)
Yepp!!

Both my parents were born there. I'm Albertan born and raised but my whole family hails from there. :-)
I LOVE driving through Ontario - so gorgeous. Just wish you could do it in a day instead of three! LOL

BornToRun 12-02-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1782445)
Both my parents were born there. I'm Albertan born and raised but my whole family hails from there. :-)
I LOVE driving through Ontario - so gorgeous. Just wish you could do it in a day instead of three! LOL

lol yeah. You can drive for five hours and still be in the same place

VelvetsAB 12-03-2012 01:10 AM

Canada is known to be a melting pot of people...

Just like other places, we have caucasian, African-Canadian, Asians, Native Americans, East Indians, Europeans, etc etc, plus whatever mixed races that have occured over time.