The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Horse's eye (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/horses-eye-145440/)

BlackMagicMoon 12-02-2012 10:44 PM

Horse's eye

So today my horse went after my dads horse, who is blind, i i grabbed the cardboard box to my dressage whip and smacked him with it but as i did he turned toward me and i accidentally hit his eye. I did not hit it hard but he is not opening it all the way and it is watering. Did i do serious damage? How long before it goes away? I feel completely horrible and am very scared, but it really was an accident :'(
Posted via Mobile Device

themacpack 12-02-2012 10:46 PM

The only way to know what sort of damage was done and whether or not it will have permanent results would be to have the vet out. Has he allowed you to look at it at all? Can you see visible damage to the eye itself?

Reno Bay 12-02-2012 10:49 PM

Try to get a look at it if he lets you. My cat just recovered from a really bad eye injury (I swear there's a feline Fight Club in my neighborhood...)

BlackMagicMoon 12-02-2012 10:52 PM

He lets me look at it no problem he just isnt opening it all the way. This only happened a couple hours ago ad it has already stopped watering. The eye itself looks completely fine its not red or puffy and no discoloration. He just isnt opening it all the way which is understandable but im still nervous about it :/
Posted via Mobile Device

Reno Bay 12-02-2012 10:57 PM

You've looked at his entire eye, including the area he's squinting? If there's no inflammation, or anything that looks out of the ordinary, he may just be a little sore. I'd be one paranoid mom, I can tell you. I had to convince my mother to take my cat to the emergency vet on Thanksgiving (didn't even eat dinner). I'm glad I trusted my gut on that one.

BlackMagicMoon 12-02-2012 11:00 PM

I am thinking he is just sore. He was walking around and opening it more. I just got him a couple weeks ago and i am so paranoid about him getting hurt and then i hurt him -.-
Posted via Mobile Device

Reno Bay 12-02-2012 11:03 PM

Well now it's out of your system at least. If you worry about something happening, then it will likely happen. Think positively and enjoy your new horse!