The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Showmanship (/horse-showmanship/)
- - Hunter Class Help? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/hunter-class-help-145489/)
Hunter Class Help?
I'm getting back into hunter/jumper and I have an Appaloosa and a Missouri Fox Trotter I'm planning to show. I have never really showed in a hunter show and was wondering about some things.
1. How should I groom? I don't want to clip to the extreme, just maybe trim the fetlocks a bit and the outsides of the ears maybe. I want to keep my Fox Trotter's mane long, so is a running braid acceptable? Or could I just not braid at all? Someone I knew at my old barn had a horse with a long mane that she showed in hunter, but I don't know what would be acceptable.
2. Is it okay to use a forward, jump-style all purpose saddle? I used to ride in a VERY close contact saddle, but now I have an older Courbette Husar that I ride in.
3. Also, is it okay that some of my tack is a shade darker than the rest?
Thank you in advance!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.