The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Favorite Saddle Brand (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/favorite-saddle-brand-145523/)

MLBarsHoney 12-03-2012 08:14 PM

Favorite Saddle Brand

Hi, so what are your favorite saddle brands? Always hear about the good brands being Billy Cook, Circle Y, ect but why are these brands so good and popular? I personally own a Textan by Herford and a Circle Y myself, and i havent noticed drastic differences between the two, why is one so much more popular than the other? Also, if you know anything about the King series, Simco, Herford, Dakota, and any other popular brands please mention :)

Phly 12-03-2012 09:45 PM

We recently, last fall and this spring got corriente saddles. One is a used roping trophy saddle and a new barrel saddle. Couldn't be happier. Quality us awesome as good as any higher priced saddles and fit the horses good. The barrel saddle actually fixed a bucking problem on a friends horse. Now she's sold on em too.
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 12-04-2012 06:39 AM

Here is a review site for many brands of Saddles

Horse Tack Review.com - Reviews of horse tack and rider supplies!

Speed Racer 12-04-2012 06:48 AM

Stubben, Black Country, County, Collegiate, Devoucoux. I don't know a whole lot about Western saddles.

kitten_Val 12-04-2012 06:59 AM

Textan is a good brand from what I know. I owned Alamo several years: VERY comfortable, and when I was selling it (because I switched to English saddle) it looked like new. Several people on forum own Corriente (spell?) and are very happy with it. If I'd be riding Western I'd look into one too.

princessfluffybritches 12-04-2012 10:58 AM

Tried everything. Went thru 4 saddles before finding a Plantation Tucker. Comfy seat , beautiful leather, best of all the tree fits my horse and is covered with about 1/2 inch of wool felt. My forever saddle!

smrobs 12-04-2012 02:26 PM

As far as good saddle brands go, I can only really speak of my own experience, which is rather limited. When I was younger, we had mostly Billy Cook saddles. They were very well made and tough. We also had a Courts saddle. It was well made as well. However, none of them were comfortable for me because I don't like saddles made on roping trees. After I was grown and had my own money to buy my own saddle, I bought a Simco roping saddle. It's also exceptionally well made with really good quality leather.

Just about 3 years ago, I bought my first custom saddle from Corriente and I couldn't be happier with it. The leather is good quality, the tree is sturdy, it fits a wide range of horses, and is super comfy for me. Unless it comes to the point where I have to have a certain tree size that Corriente doesn't carry, I'll likely continue to get all my future saddles from them as well.
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...g?t=1354649159

equiniphile 12-04-2012 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I LOVE my TexTan (Hereford).

Attachment 120645

I also have an older Circle Y that's gorgeous but somewhat stiff. It puts me in more of a perched positon than I like.

Attachment 120646

OutOfTheLoop 12-05-2012 09:40 AM

I've ridden in Billy Cooks, Circle Y, Dakota, Pro Riders, Ammermans, and everything in between. My favorite saddle I ever owned was a Nathan Lamb, and I still kick myself for selling it.
Posted via Mobile Device

xJumperx 12-07-2012 08:35 PM

As far as English goes, I love Collegiate :) Every one that I've tried out fits me like a glove, and they are super comfy. The next saddle I get will be a Collegiate. I have owned a Collegiate and a Corbette, and though I actually love my Corbette dearly, I still prefered the Collegiate.