The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Jumping Critique (picture overload) Read Description (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/jumping-critique-picture-overload-read-description-145545/)

JumperGurl 12-04-2012 12:40 AM

Jumping Critique (picture overload) Read Description

10 Attachment(s)
Please focus on horse more than rider!!!!!!!

So guys today is the one year anniversary of my ownership of Marley and I just want you guys to see the progression over the year.

Currently I'm working on my automatic release over my big jumps, just so you guys know. And I'm starting to get it down to a point where it's just second nature now.

What I'd really like you to focus on is the changes in my horse rather than myself because I already know what I need to work on. However, it there's something you're dying to tell me about my riding, then go for it :)

So the first two are from our shows together a month before I bought him. The middle four are from January-June and the last three are from the 2012 show season. And the very last one is just us together. I'm very grateful that I own him.

Oxer 12-04-2012 01:22 AM

I love your pictures. I am pretty sure that your beautiful boy can jump the big stuff. My only critique is that he jumps a little under himself, flat, and a can get a bit strung out. It may just be because these fences don't make him snap up and make that extra effort. But it something, as a competitive rider, that i would be conscious of. Do you ride jumpers normally with him? Have you free jumped him before?

JumperGurl 12-04-2012 01:24 AM

I only ride in the jumpers with him. He does tend to stretch out flat at times, but we've been getting much better at it.

I've only free jumped him once. And he jumped 5'6" with ease, and then we called it quits for the day. Over winter break we're hoping to get another chance to free jump him to see how high he's willing to go.

marianne21 12-05-2012 06:14 PM

Boy can that horse jump. I agree with the other post, he is a bit flat in some pictures. I went back over the pictures after thinking this to see if maybe he is taking off a bit too early and in a couple he appears to maybe be early.
I love the last photo, very nice horse.

JumperGurl 12-05-2012 08:01 PM

Thank you!!! And yupp he likes to stretch for those long spots.

My2Geldings 12-07-2012 05:28 PM

I was going to say, the stretch looks from a distance problem rather than jumping flat. You guys look really good!

JustImagine 12-07-2012 06:20 PM

Love him! You are a fantastic team. And honestly, I don't see how anyone could critique your riding; you have fan-freaking-tastic equitation! Like, best 2-point ever! Haha.

JumperGurl 12-08-2012 04:07 PM

Thank you!!