The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Parenting (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/)
-   -   Daughter wetting herself. (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/daughter-wetting-herself-145561/)

OutOfTheLoop 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

Daughter wetting herself.

Lol one if 5, and has been fully potty trained since she was 3, with the exception of a very rare accident. Well up untill recently. The past few months, it seems like she is constantly wetting herself. On average of about once a week, I get a note from her school teacher that states she peed on herself at school. At home, its at least every other day. I've talked to her dad and he says she does it occasionally when she visits with him also. For the first time in two years, she had an overnight accident last week. Last night she went to the bathroom at bed time, and 10 min later she walked in the living room naked and said she had pees herself. I am at my wits end. I've tried withholding drinks, and stopping drinks past 7, and limiting her intake. I've threatned to put her back in pullups, but I don't want to send her to school in pullups. Kids are cruel. I've thought about taking her to the doctor, but not sure what they can do. Anyone dealt with this and have some advice for me? I am desperate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 12-04-2012 09:31 AM

If she has a urinary tract infection, she'll wet herself. I'd take her to the pediatrician to rule out any physical causes.

OutOfTheLoop 12-04-2012 09:35 AM

I didn't even think about a UTI. Imagine how idiotic I will feel when I take her to the doc and its something simple as that. Im going to go bang my head on the wall now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 12-04-2012 09:35 AM

Hey, parenting doesn't come with a manual you know! :wink:

OutOfTheLoop 12-04-2012 09:39 AM

Tell me about it. When they handed her to me in the hospital, it was the first time I had ever held a baby. I wish I could find a magic button somewhere that will give me all the answers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightside 12-04-2012 09:49 AM

As a kid i was growing pretty fast and had a weak bladder during growth spurts. A little laugh or a sudden urge to go would having me pee my pants.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 12-04-2012 10:19 AM

893 Attachment(s)
Definitely get her checked by the doctor for a UTI.

Has she had any traumatizing incident since this started? Is she very open with you? I hope she isnt hiding something and its causing her to do this.

And i would put her in pull ups if it continued. She can at least hide them under clothes, but peeing herself infront of 30 kids is far more embarassing.
Posted via Mobile Device

OutOfTheLoop 12-04-2012 11:39 AM

Sh hasn't told me that anything has happened. ll see if maybe I can play 20 questions with her while I wait for her doc appt.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 12-04-2012 12:01 PM

I feel for you. My son wet at night until he was nearly 9! it was very trying. I have now forgotten about it, but remember it as a real challenge. Nothing I did really helped. I had a pee alarm that I put in the bed, that would go off when it got wet to alart the child the moment they are doing it, since they are asleep and don't know they are wetting. But, my son hated it so much he would take it off his pajamas. it became a struggle of wills, and that's the last place you want to go. wiht MY son, he had more will to fight than I did. But eventually, he stopped. they always do.

Speed Racer 12-04-2012 12:05 PM

It's not just bed wetting tiny, she's doing it during the day, too. Which is why I thought of a UTI.