The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Winter (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/winter-145587/)

Saddlebag 12-04-2012 01:51 PM

Winter

Don't you just love it? We had to put up with two days of wind plus rain or mist, a bit of snow only to find out every door on the place is frozen shut, including the vehicle. Even the handle on the water hydrant was frozen. And winter has really just begun. Oh joy.....

mtngrl7500 12-04-2012 02:16 PM

Oh I don't know, these 70 degree days have been quite pleasant :) I would never make it living somewhere with winters like that. When it drops to the the low 50s here I complain and won't leave the house unless I have to.

Conway 12-04-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngrl7500 (Post 1784559)
Oh I don't know, these 70 degree days have been quite pleasant :) I would never make it living somewhere with winters like that. When it drops to the the low 50s here I complain and won't leave the house unless I have to.

I'm from MS as well and it is 75 degrees right now :)

Speed Racer 12-04-2012 02:26 PM

I'm in southern Virginia, and it's 72 right now. :happydance:

equiniphile 12-04-2012 02:28 PM

It snowed here on Black Friday. I hooked the heated water buckets up yesterday and wrapped the water pump with a pipe heater. We're taking trips five hours East to try and bring home as much hay as we can before snow covers the ground.

I hate winter!! :evil:

BigGreyHorse 12-04-2012 02:29 PM

64 in north Alabama. I love the cold and we don't have nearly enough of it to suit me. Of course, my DH nearly has to be resuscitated everytime I say something like that.

DancingArabian 12-04-2012 02:34 PM

Look at it this way. It's December already! Hopefully by march it will be at least warm enough to stop with the blankets. My horse grows enough hair to look ruffled after a ride and take ages to dry but no fluffy coat to him!

I'm a hot weather person like my Arab. Below 80 kinds sucks. 70 is cold enough to give me goosebumps but I will take it!
Posted via Mobile Device

usandpets 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingArabian (Post 1784578)
Look at it this way. It's December already! Hopefully by march it will be at least warm enough to stop with the blankets. My horse grows enough hair to look ruffled after a ride and take ages to dry but no fluffy coat to him!

I'm a hot weather person like my Arab. Below 80 kinds sucks. 70 is cold enough to give me goosebumps but I will take it!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just the opposite. Anything over 80 is too hot. I don't care for the extreme colds either but do like snow. I would like it to be 65 to 70 all year long except for the couple weeks before Christmas so it would snow and have a white one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 12-04-2012 03:08 PM

I was the only one baling and moving hay last summer when it passed 100!
Posted via Mobile Device

Missy May 12-04-2012 03:52 PM

All doors frozen shut? Ooow-wee! And I thought I had lived in places that were cold! It rarely gets super cold here, but it can feel super cold to me. I have a friend from Montana, I do not like to get in the car w them in the winter, they will not turn the car heater on, and that is with no jacket in 40-50F! I am glad they are not from Canada!!! :)