The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   bridle fit (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/bridle-fit-145619/)

horsecrazygirl13 12-04-2012 07:54 PM

bridle fit

would a large horse size bridle fit a 15h paint horse?

waresbear 12-04-2012 08:03 PM

Depends on the size of the horse's head, some take large, some average, some cob. Usually with a mare and a small 15HH one, large might be too big.

jumanji321 12-04-2012 10:01 PM

It completely depends on the horse. My horse is a cob size but can barely fit in to a full size bridle if it can go small enough. She's 15 HH, but I've seen some horses who are super stocky and under 15 HH who could darn near fit an over size bridle.

Kayty 12-05-2012 12:32 AM

Also you need to factor in the size of the bridle. I have a warmblood and full sized bridle for my 15.2hh wb gelding - the warmblood size is nearly smaller than the full size.
Some brands are made much bigger or smaller than others. It pays to measure your horse up before investing in a bridle, particularly if you're looking at spending a reasonable amount of money on one.

horsecrazygirl13 12-05-2012 03:45 PM

Id like to get one of these bridles, theyre easy to care for and durable.
Flat Braid Headstalls by Sunset Halters
my horse is a yearling and has really big head. im not riding him yet but i want to get him accustomed to the bit. he currently wears a thouroghbred bridle that one just about fits, hes gonna grow out of it soon. hes going to get really big because his momma was HUGE, I used to ride her before she was sold.

Kayty 12-05-2012 05:42 PM

Wow certainly sounds like he's got a big noggin on him!
My just gone two year old is only just squeezing out of a pony size and getting into a cob - he's got such a little head, he's 15.2 1/2 hh now and a warmblood - the poor thing will get a complex!