The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Broken heart... (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/broken-heart-145649/)

WickedNag 12-05-2012 07:36 AM

Broken heart...

Well, it is not broken but will be today. Due to my heart/health issues, I have decided no more horses for me. Tango is going to his new home today. Linus and Cheveyo (daughter's horses) will be kept and I can ride Cheveyo when I feel well enough to ride.

For those that don't know I have aortic valve sclerosis, aortic valve stenosis and pulmonary hypertension. I am so tired at times that I go to bed by 6:30 through my normal bedtime is 8. It doesn't leave me much time to ride and since I can't saddle my own horse anymore, I have to make sure someone is around to do it for me before I can ride.

I hope Tango's new owner loves him and cares for him. He was my dream horse and I was really hoping I would start feeling better... not happening and as I decline, I don't want to worry about my boy as well.

So thankful my daughter has a horse I can still hop on once in a while and head down the trail with :)

themacpack 12-05-2012 08:02 AM

So many {hugs} headed your way.

MHFoundation Quarters 12-05-2012 08:02 AM

Sorry to hear that Wicked. Taking care of yourself is the most important thing. A hard decision but sounds like the right one. I'm sure Tango will be well loved by his new owner.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 12-05-2012 08:07 AM

893 Attachment(s)
Im so sorry. Take care of yourself! *Hugs*
Posted via Mobile Device

Taffy Clayton 12-05-2012 09:02 AM

My best to you along with healing prayers.

Inga 12-05-2012 09:07 AM

Prayers for you for healing and also for your boy that he finds a wonderful home. I pray his new owner will be sensitive enough to keep you updated on how wonderful he is doing to give you peace of mind. I am happy that you have a daughter with a horse as well so that you have someone to ride when you feel up to it.

Cacowgirl 12-05-2012 09:49 AM

So sorry to hear of your heart-breaking decision.Sending prayers for you that your good days increase & you soon feel well enough to ride your daughters horse on occasion.

tinyliny 12-05-2012 02:09 PM

That sounds like a very heavy decision indeed. My heart goes out to you. I hope that you will use extra time to keep us company here. I know we are nowhere near as comforting as a good horse to ride, but when you're here, let it be "home" for you.

WickedNag 12-05-2012 02:21 PM

He just left and the new owner was very kind and promised to keep me updated. It will be hard not to see him in the pasture with Cheveyo. I will forever miss that sweet boy of mine.

Endiku 12-05-2012 03:02 PM

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I'm sure that this has been a very tough decision.