The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Reining saddle? Have to say, there are few like it! (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/reining-saddle-have-say-there-few-145682/)

franknbeans 12-05-2012 04:15 PM

Reining saddle? Have to say, there are few like it!

One thing I have noticed in reining is the lack of bling on general. Certainly compared with some other Western disciplines. To see a reining saddle like this-----I was speechless, and I will guarantee that either of the trainers I know would not be happy if I showed up with this!
Dale Martin Reining Saddle Set | eBay

However-I also suppose that if you are good enough, there comes a point where it wouldn't matter.:wink:

Muppetgirl 12-05-2012 04:26 PM

Yuk! That is ugly!:lol:

The only blingy reining saddles I see are the customs ones, and most of them are over $5000.......I prefer to let the horse show his own bling:lol:

franknbeans 12-05-2012 04:55 PM

ALl they have is some silver tho-and not usually the amount a pleasure saddle would. NEVER colors like this! EWWWWWW.

SouthernTrails 12-05-2012 04:59 PM

To each his/her own :lol::lol:

franknbeans 12-05-2012 05:40 PM

Yup for sure. But at any reining show I have been to-they will stick out like a sore thumb. I sure would feel out of place if I showed up with this! And I LOVE ostrich. ;-)

nrhareiner 12-07-2012 05:38 PM

Not for me. The reining saddle I have has more silver then what you normally see but it is just enough to be nice not so much like a WP saddle to be guady.

Adam 12-07-2012 11:50 PM

Holy daisies, batman!

Saddlebag 12-08-2012 12:10 AM

The saddle on ebay is incorrectly made. I think it's a piece of junk that, well "build it and someone will buy it", unfortunately. The seat is all wrong for starters.

COWCHICK77 12-08-2012 03:02 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Oh Lordy.....

Well at least you could say it was one of a kind.....

Back in the day when the colored seats got popular with the team ropers, I remember going to a show at Del Mar and one of the vendors had a reining saddle with a crazy colored seat. I looked at the salesperson and they just threw up their hands and said that someone custom ordered it and never picked it up....but he would make me a "deal' on it..... it sat there the entire show and the price kept getting lower and lower....
That saddle was nowhere as "fancy" as that one though.

franknbeans 12-08-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1789418)
The saddle on ebay is incorrectly made. I think it's a piece of junk that, well "build it and someone will buy it", unfortunately. The seat is all wrong for starters.

Saddlebag-as far as I am concerned, I cannot find anything RIGHT with it, JMHO. Just hideous. So bad, in fact you couldn't PAY me to have it around! Quality is the least of the issues in my mind. My eyes cannot get past the design long enough to see the quality!:lol: