The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What's Happening to the Toy Industry? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/whats-happening-toy-industry-145697/)

Phantomcolt18 12-05-2012 05:17 PM

What's Happening to the Toy Industry?

Honestly a game like Doggy Doo?

I JUST saw this commercial for the first time on TV. Seriously? What is the toy industry coming to? I do however recall a doll or something from either the 80's or 90's that was a pole dancing doll.(don't quote me)

Who thinks of these things?

I remember Easy Bake, Skip-it, light bright, but nothing this crazy.

Inga 12-05-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomcolt18 (Post 1786137)
Honestly a game like Doggy Doo?

I JUST saw this commercial for the first time on TV. Seriously? What is the toy industry coming to? I do however recall a doll or something from either the 80's or 90's that was a pole dancing doll.(don't quote me)

Who thinks of these things?

Doggie Doo TV Spot 2012 - YouTube

I remember Easy Bake, Skip-it, light bright, but nothing this crazy.

Well, my nephews play a game when they come over called "Fast doggy pick up" that is so much better. It involves shovels, bags and a timer. ha ha Works out really well and the winner gets a couple cookies. ha ha I think maybe people are running out of things to entertain kids with. So few have any imagination anymore. People (many) don't take their kids outside or Heaven forbid, ask them to work at all.

Pole dancing doll? Really? That is so wrong.:cry:

Fulford15 12-05-2012 05:28 PM

I was just thinking this the other day. I watch YTV sometimes to watch Wipe-Out(Lol), and some of the commercials for toys are just odd... same with TV shows!!

I am a 90's kids, so I had a light-bright, easy bake, and then when Pokemon came out. Wasn't aloud a Ferby (although, I am surprised there are still commercials for those creepy things!).
What happened to kids having to make up their own games, playing in the backyard (I played with Tonka trucks lol!)... My friend works at Virgin Mobile, and she says it's unbelievable how many 6-7 year olds have Iphones and boyfriends... I worked at Claires, and oh man, some of the attitudes I saw, kindergarten girls wanting "big girl" make up, and the parents actually buy it for them and let them wear it every day....Scary :-|

Inga 12-05-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulford15 (Post 1786154)
I was just thinking this the other day. I watch YTV sometimes to watch Wipe-Out(Lol), and some of the commercials for toys are just odd... same with TV shows!!

I am a 90's kids, so I had a light-bright, easy bake, and then when Pokemon came out. Wasn't aloud a Ferby (although, I am surprised there are still commercials for those creepy things!).
What happened to kids having to make up their own games, playing in the backyard (I played with Tonka trucks lol!)... My friend works at Virgin Mobile, and she says it's unbelievable how many 6-7 year olds have Iphones and boyfriends... I worked at Claires, and oh man, some of the attitudes I saw, kindergarten girls wanting "big girl" make up, and the parents actually buy it for them and let them wear it every day....Scary :-|

The absolute worst was I saw a little kids pair of panties in the store with a big gaping mouth on the front and it said "Bite me" I was so disgusted I complained to the store manager. It was for maybe a 5 year old girl. How sick is that. Maybe I could look the other way but I work in a hospital and see far far too often the little kids coming in for rape or sexual assault. We wonder why when we try to sexualize them when they are little kids? Sick and wrong IMO

Phantomcolt18 12-05-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 1786145)
Well, my nephews play a game when they come over called "Fast doggy pick up" that is so much better. It involves shovels, bags and a timer. ha ha Works out really well and the winner gets a couple cookies. ha ha I think maybe people are running out of things to entertain kids with. So few have any imagination anymore. People (many) don't take their kids outside or Heaven forbid, ask them to work at all.

Pole dancing doll? Really? That is so wrong.:cry:

I know it's so terrible. I'm outside and I try to get my little brother outside and show him all the fun games I used to play. Now he plays wii and his DS a lot. It's sad.

Yup a pole dancing doll. I found a picture of it on google.(Now that I think of it I think it's more recent than what I thought)
http://hillkurtz.com/losangeles/blog...ail-775390.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulford15 (Post 1786154)

~high five fellow 90's kid!!~

I had a Furby and be glad you didn't have one lol that thing was creepy. It would talk and if you took the batteries out it would still talk and it moved! I swear. I would face it away from me at night and it would be facing my bed by morning.

It's sad what's happening with kids anymore. I nearly died when I found out my mom's boyfriend's 11yr old is wearing makeup already! I didn't start makeup till I was 14 and even then it was just eyeliner. I still play outside and I'm going to be 21 lol nothing is more fun than going barefoot in the summer and running through the mud! Kids today are too tech-y dependent.:?

Here are a few other toy doozies

(I'm not against tats I have one and plan on more but for kids? I mean I know it's fake but still)
http://hillkurtz.com/losangeles/blog...too-716165.jpg

A baby pregnant with a baby that is also pregnant. Lovely!
http://images.dailydawdle.com/horrify-wtf-baby-toy.jpg

So strange.

Phantomcolt18 12-05-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 1786167)
The absolute worst was I saw a little kids pair of panties in the store with a big gaping mouth on the front and it said "Bite me" I was so disgusted I complained to the store manager. It was for maybe a 5 year old girl. How sick is that. Maybe I could look the other way but I work in a hospital and see far far too often the little kids coming in for rape or sexual assault. We wonder why when we try to sexualize them when they are little kids? Sick and wrong IMO

Ugh it's so true! I hate it. I was standing in a checkout line once and heard a little girl about 4-5 singing that "Whistle" song where the main line is "Blow my whistle baby"(you know what it's referring to) After she sang it a few times I turned and politely asked the mom if she knew what that song meant. She said yeah. And I asked if she was comfortable with her daughter singing it. Oh my word did I get a tongue lashing about how her daughter can do what she wants! I apologized and moved on my way. I know I shouldn't have said anything but it was uncomfortable to me hearing a child sing that song. I won't make the mistake again. I study psychology and I don't think I will ever fully understand people.

themacpack 12-05-2012 05:50 PM

Too funny - I just saw Doggy Doo in a store over the weekend and I was so puzzled/shocked/etc I took a photo of it and posted it to another group I belong to because I was just at a loss as to how that was actually a toy that is for sale and that people would buy......

Speed Racer 12-05-2012 05:52 PM

Started with those 'ho wanna-be Bratz dolls. Seriously, dolls that look as if they're dressed for a night on a street corner, flagging down men in cars and asking if they're looking for a 'date'? Why the heck did parents even BUY those?

Phantomcolt18 12-05-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1786181)
Started with those 'ho wanna-be Bratz dolls. Seriously, dolls that look as if they're dressed for a night on a street corner, flagging down men in cars and asking if they're looking for a 'date'? Why the heck did parents even BUY those?

Oh I know! Those dolls were/are terrible! And then they did the Bratz Babyz(I think that's how they spelled it) so they have (excuse my language) "mini-****s"

good role models, real good.

Edit:

Bratz Babyz in lingerie?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/...ab14ac2d56.jpg

Fulford15 12-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomcolt18 (Post 1786174)
I I had a Furby and be glad you didn't have one lol that thing was creepy. It would talk and if you took the batteries out it would still talk and it moved! I swear. I would face it away from me at night and it would be facing my bed by morning.

And thats why my Mom wouldn't let me have one LOL. So I used to "baby sit" my friends and sneak it home on weekends... Mom found it and threw it out... opps. :lol: It was still alive in the garbage and freaked her out lol.

Quote:

I remember those discusting things! Some peoples parents... :shock: