The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Big chested? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/big-chested-145744/)

Brendagun 12-05-2012 11:19 PM

Big chested?

3 Attachment(s)
My quarter horse seems to have a pretty large chest/ breast area, and I was wondering if it was simply his conformation, or something with muscle mass that could be toned, or even if it was a good or bad thing. He could honestly wear a bra, if he'd like. :lol: He was very out of shape when I got him, but even then his chest was large.

His chest most closely resembles the first picture from the front, and the second from the side. The third seems slightly more 'normal'? I'll try to get actual photos of him when I can, but I figured any sort of reference is better than none. (I also couldn't decide whether this was a conformation, health, or training question. :-| )

Phly 12-05-2012 11:27 PM

Looks cowy. Or western pleasure. You don't mention the hind end. Is it big and sexy? Lol! Or more TB? Most cow horses are shorter too. Small and stocky. <-- stocky. Think bulldog. Without pics of your horse though just guessing
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 12-05-2012 11:34 PM

What's his parentage and lines? As soon as I saw him I thought of Impressive....in a good way of course because of the muscling!! He looks like a power house! He looks like he's carrying a bit too much condition, but I'm sure he tones up real nice! I like a powerful looking horse:-)

Brendagun 12-05-2012 11:42 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Mucho pictures! I'm sorry I don't have a good one straight on, the only one I do is pretty dark. One also ended up upside down. (So bad at uploading stuff.) I included a cute hind shot and him mugging a cat just for kicks. :D

Would him being cowy impede anything?

Hehe, I personally think all of him is sexy, so you'd be getting a biased opinion. :lol: He's about 16h, so not super short.

Brendagun 12-05-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetgirl (Post 1786715)
What's his parentage and lines? As soon as I saw him I thought of Impressive....in a good way of course because of the muscling!! He looks like a power house! He looks like he's carrying a bit too much condition, but I'm sure he tones up real nice! I like a powerful looking horse:-)

If you're referring to the gorgeous horse I posted in my first post, he's not mine. Hehe. I wanted to use a reference to show what I was talking about, since I wasn't sure when I'd be able to upload my own pictures. I wish I owned such a lovely horse!

Phly 12-05-2012 11:44 PM

Third pic. Western pleasure!
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 12-05-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendagun (Post 1786724)
If you're referring to the gorgeous horse I posted in my first post, he's not mine. Hehe. I wanted to use a reference to show what I was talking about, since I wasn't sure when I'd be able to upload my own pictures. I wish I owned such a lovely horse!

Haha ok! Butt pic is good!

Brendagun 12-05-2012 11:56 PM

So I won't have to go out and custom order a sports bra for him? xD

He appreciates it. :D

loosie 12-06-2012 05:35 PM

Hi, was confused by the different horses, but the first 3 pics aren't anything to do with yours & the subsequent pics of the brown horse are? So, we can completely disregard the first pics?

Unfortunately the second set don't give much away - the front on ones are too dark to show anything, the side-on pic shows a lightish horse with little topline muscle. From what can be seen, he doesn't look too overbuilt in the front end. But it looks like he could have a sacro/pelvis problem & horses often get bigger muscles in the front end if they need to pull themselves along, if they have a hind end problem or if they haven't learned to balance well.

loosie 12-06-2012 05:37 PM

Oh & the 3rd pic's just come up. Pretty sure that's an arab & seen that pic many a time, so would have picked it wasn't your QH!