The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   What color do you think the baby will be> (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/what-color-do-you-think-baby-145803/)

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 05:00 PM

What color do you think the baby will be>

3 Attachment(s)
I have a Registered Spotted Saddle Horse & Racking horse that I have bred to a Registered Tennessee Walker. Her dad is a Registered Tennessee Walker Kodachrome is his name.
She was hand bred on March 4th & 5th of 2012, she came back in heat, so she was bred June 11th, 12th & 13th of 2012.
What color do you think the baby will be?

The first to the left of Silver was taken on 11-25-12, the picture in the middle is Trigger it was taken 12-01-12 and the last picture is Silver taken 12-01-12

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the Stallion Trigger

Reno Bay 12-06-2012 05:10 PM

Can't see the stallion.
Picture of the mare is a little hard to make out (pattern wise). I almost want to say she's tobiano, sabino, and frame (maybe splash too?)...but I'm not that good at distinguishing yet. And her base color is...black (is she greying out or is that just the possible sabino...)?

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 05:12 PM

She is black in the winter but in the summer the black gets lighter

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 05:13 PM

The stallion is a palomino

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 05:45 PM

She had a colt last year by the same stallion it was her first and it was still born. He got out of his stall and got in tangled in the pasture fence and she was the only mare that got pregnant. The colt was the same color as her.

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 06:18 PM

I bred her again because she has stressed her stifle muscle in the left back and she gets a catch in her leg when she walks and stumbles when she gaits and I want to retire her. She does not get good marks in the show ring when she stumbles and I love the attitude of the Stallion and his gait is a dream He has won several trophies and ribbons. She has won a few ribbons but not many. I love her willingness to please. I show flat shod and we also trail ride. The stallion is also show and ridden flat shod

Joie 12-06-2012 06:35 PM

Wait, wait, wait. I am confused!

Clarify, please:

The colt was stillborn. Or got tangled in the fence? First you say that the colt was stillborn and then in the very next sentence you say "he" got tangled in the fence, as if you were referring back to the colt. I am assuming that "he" actually references the stallion in that "paragraph"?

Do you own the stallion?

Also, your mare doesn't get good marks on her gaits, is this because of an injury? If not, I would seriously reconsider breeding her if she is not what the registry considers quality, especially for a gaited breed. But then again, I don't know anything about gaited breeds.

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 06:47 PM

She does not get good marks because of a stifle injury.
Her baby last year was stillborn and was a colt.
The daddy of last years baby got tangled in the fence.
No a friend of mine does. No stud fees

Silver Chrome 12-06-2012 06:59 PM

The reason I question the color is because I found out later there was a colt in the pasture with her that was almost 2. When she got bred last year. The colt that was in the pasture with her was black and white paint not gaited. I am not sure the daddy of last years baby was the palomino's.