The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   This is why cooler sheets were invented. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/why-cooler-sheets-were-invented-146046/)

SorrelHorse 12-09-2012 02:29 AM

This is why cooler sheets were invented.

This mare has always been a sweater. She sweats before the warm up even finishes, let alone once we get into actual work. It used to really bother me but now I just ignore it because I know she isn't tired and she never gets sore after a ride or anything...Obviously just needs cleaned up before we go anywhere. But, 45 minutes to an hour under that cooler for her to dry. I miss summer cool hoses already....

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38157215_n.jpg

I think it's mental sweat because under the saddle really isn't ever sweaty or anything. I read a theory somewhere that head/neck just meant the horse was thinking. What do you guys think? :lol: :lol:

tinyliny 12-09-2012 02:41 AM

What kind of bit is that? it' looks like a lot of orthodontia.

Klassic Superstar 12-09-2012 02:48 AM

Yup! I totally know what you mean!!
My bit gets like that only thing is he has about 4 inches of winter hair so it takes so long to dry!
Lol I'm wrapped up on the couch in his new cooler now! Lol!

SorrelHorse 12-09-2012 02:54 AM

Tiny what is orthodontia? xD I feel like I should probably know that but I don't know a lot of things I probably should. That particular bit is an o ring twisted dogbone combo. It's one of the two bits she races in, the other one being a three piece jr. cowhorse with coller rollers depending on how she feels that day. This just happened to be one of the few days she got out of the snaffle to do some real work instead of prep work.

Klassic - Cooler are the BEST blankets! lol at shows I put one around me and another one on the horse. :lol:

CattieD 12-09-2012 07:50 AM

We had a gelding like that and he sweated because he got excited when ever he was taken out for a ride and he was in peak fitness.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jore 12-09-2012 05:14 PM

Major always sweat really easily as well.. Indie was the exact opposite, you really had to work her to get her sweating, but she loved it.

And I agree, coolers are the best blankets. I keep Indie's cooler as a blanket on my bed and it keeps me pretty warm.

riccil0ve 12-09-2012 05:46 PM

Orthodontia is braces for your teeth. You go and and see an orthodontist.

I love coolers. Gracie is a sweater. Ricci, not so much, but when we were in work, we worked pretty hard. Gracie sweats everywhere except the top of her butt, haha.

I also used to work with a mare who was probably the worst sweater I've ever seen. She literally dropped sweat from every drippable place. Every inch of her would be covered in sweat. Silly mare had only worked for 20-30 minutes.

Anyways. I heart coolers! Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 12-09-2012 06:22 PM

Yep, I have a mental sweater, too. I always think Selena reminds me of my Molly :lol:. We can be walking along on the trail and she'll work up a sweat on her neck. My trainer always jokes that her mind's running a thousand times faster than her legs!

SorrelHorse 12-10-2012 01:32 AM

Yeah pretty much, haha. She always sweats even more on the days when she gets strong or hot too, particularly at races. I hate winter because she gets itchy and I can't wash it off of her. At the equestrian team meets I just get a hot water heater, spray her and wrap her up all I can because it just gets to be entirely too much sweat.

SorrelHorse 12-10-2012 01:45 AM

Okay I feel super blonde because I just NOW got what Tiny was saying. :rofl: :rofl:

This bit is actually pretty light in the grand scheme of things, but I ride very light with her anyway because she fusses if I don't. She likes the have the extra gag and nose pressure so that's why I chose that bit as one to run in. NOT good for working on her reining maneuvers though because she falls on her forehand with that extra pressure in that event, which doesn't even matter because it's very much so not legal to show in :lol: She gets a short shank Myler or Billy Allen for that one. It's a whole different ball game with the gaming though. You'd be surprised how strong this dead broke little pony can get.