The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Ottb Officer Frank update (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/ottb-officer-frank-update-146064/)

hiwaythreetwenty 12-09-2012 09:13 AM

Ottb Officer Frank update

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't posted in a while and just wanted everyone to know how awesome my Ottb Frank is doing who I got in March. We spent the summer just getting to know one another and lots of trail riding. He is such a smart and willing boy it didnt take long before we were blazen new trails. Not having an arena put a damper on real ring work but we at least could build a bond. By the end of summer he had gone to the mountains, competed in two hunter paces (the last one we went thru water, went up the Bn bank and over the Bn ditch and he acted like he had done it his whole life. We trained with a friend who competes in endurance riding and rode in a clinic with dressage instructor Francesca (who taught us a lot and was impressed with his long strides now to teach him to go small) all in all my boy has been everything I could have wanted and more and beside getting a bruised hoof he has has been sound as ever! He screams class and he knows it. I'm a lucky girl, here is a picture of us jumping at the pace not bad for no real training

Cacowgirl 12-09-2012 11:53 AM

Sounds like you are having fun w/your horse & that is what it's all about. glad he is doing so well for you.

hiwaythreetwenty 12-09-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacowgirl (Post 1791218)
Sounds like you are having fun w/your horse & that is what it's all about. glad he is doing so well for you.

Thanks! I am super proud and impressed with him. He is such a steady eddy and doesn't get worked up about much (actually anything) I am eager to see how he does when we start doing some serious training
Posted via Mobile Device

Almond Joy 12-09-2012 10:09 PM

Gorgeous horse! Your "class" statement made me think of a bumper sticker my friend has that says "Put your a$$ on some class, ride a thoroughbred!"

hiwaythreetwenty 12-10-2012 08:14 AM

I so need to get that bumper sticker because I am riding one classy tb!
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBoyPuck 12-12-2012 01:17 AM

Love the class comment. TB's know they're there to show off how fantastic they are, don't they?

KylieHuitema 01-10-2013 02:23 PM

Wow! He is gorgeous!