The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Scary or funny? What are your thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/scary-funny-what-your-thoughts-146073/)

Inga 12-09-2012 12:21 PM

Scary or funny? What are your thoughts?

I saw this on another forum and thought I would post it here to get other opionions on it.

Extremely Scary Ghost Elevator Prank in Brazil - YouTube

and part 2
Extremely Scary Corpse Elevator Prank in Brazil - YouTube

tinyliny 12-09-2012 12:31 PM

over the top. Could cause a heart attack.

Golden Horse 12-09-2012 01:07 PM

Definitely OTT for me, practical jokes are OK, but it is easy to go to far.

Have you heard about the poor nurse who was duped by the Aussie radio show has committed suicide?

Jacintha Saldanha suicide leads radio station to review practices | World | News | National Post

Maple 12-09-2012 02:30 PM

146 Attachment(s)
It's both. I find it hilarious on the computer. We almost died laughing, BUT we also both said we would wet ourselves if it had been us that it happened. It is OTT, I couldnt imagine being the poor people who were pranked, but I'd be lieing if I didn't admit to laughing my backside off.

As for the poor nurse who has died... rediculous. Have you heard the call? She was at no fault for anything what-so-ever. This whole royal pregnancy is already driving us up the wall 1) its all people talk about 2) who gets admitted to hospital for morning sickness?? seriously! tough it out like the rest of the world. And shes only like 4 weeks gone.. we've got another 36 to go *sigh*

WSArabians 12-09-2012 02:56 PM

Being an adrenaline junkie, it is something I would appreciate. I just think you need to pick your victims.
I'm not going to lie and say I didn't laugh at their expense - I'm sure I would do the same thing in their place.

Golden Horse 12-09-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple (Post 1791405)
who gets admitted to hospital for morning sickness??

25 000 women a year in the UK it seems Why couldn’t doctors treat our morning sickness? - Telegraph

In the US

Recent studies show that at least 60,000 cases of extreme morning sickness called hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) are reported by those who treated in a hospital but the numbers are expected to be much higher than this since many women are treated at home or by out patient care with their health care provider.

So not just a royal thing and I have to think that it may have been a bit worse than the 'normal' morning sickness that I had.

WSArabians 12-09-2012 03:12 PM

I watched the second part and just thought I would add - I can see this giving someone severe issues that could take years to deal with. \I don't know how Brazil is with law suits but I can see a few happening in NA.

DancingArabian 12-09-2012 03:26 PM

That's so incredibly traumatizing!

What if they happened to scare someone with a stronger fight than flight response who attacked instead of cowered?

Fort fireman 12-09-2012 03:41 PM

How bad would I have felt after I punched that kid in the head just out of reaction.:lol: I think then i may have gone after the producer of the show for making me punch a poor kid in the head.

DancingArabian 12-09-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fort fireman (Post 1791481)
How bad would I have felt after I punched that kid in the head just out of reaction.:lol: I think then i may have gone after the producer of the show for making me punch a poor kid in the head.

For real!

At my old job I nearly brained someone with a glass jar because they thought it would be funny to try to startle me and I just reacted.

(I ended up quitting later on because of reduced hours, I didn't get fired for nearly killing a coworker, heh)