The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   is a paint horse an average horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/paint-horse-average-horse-146095/)

horsecrazygirl13 12-09-2012 04:30 PM

is a paint horse an average horse?

Hi I was wondering if paint horses are average sized horses? I have to get a bridle for my horse and he fits into an average size halter so should I get and average sized bridle?
sorry if this is in the wrong category.

Country Woman 12-09-2012 04:34 PM

Paints come is different sizes depending on the sire and dam of the
horse
to answer your question an average bridle should fit

Dreamcatcher Arabians 12-09-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl13 (Post 1791550)
Hi I was wondering if paint horses are average sized horses? I have to get a bridle for my horse and he fits into an average size halter so should I get and average sized bridle?
sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I would by a Horse Sized bridle. They usually come in Pony, Cob, Arab, Horse and Draft sizes, since you say he fits an AVG sized halter, I'd buy Horse.

twp 12-09-2012 04:37 PM

A paint horse is Basically a Quarter Horse with Color. So, Yes. They are Regular sized horses.

horsecrazygirl13 12-09-2012 04:39 PM

Id like to get one of these headstalls.
Flat Braid Headstalls by Sunset Halters
the sizes they have are:
pony
cob
standard horse
large horse
warmblood

Which size should I choose?

montcowboy 12-09-2012 04:40 PM

you get paint horses in alot of breeds.quarter horse.curly horses. twh tb. draft horses. so generally i say i have a quarter horse type paint..but yes.average would work well. ride safe..

horsecrazygirl13 12-09-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montcowboy (Post 1791566)
you get paint horses in alot of breeds.quarter horse.curly horses. twh tb. draft horses. so generally i say i have a quarter horse type paint..but yes.average would work well. ride safe..

he's an american paint horse and looks alot like a quarter horse. and he's built like one too. He's supposed to mature to be 15 hands high.

twp 12-09-2012 04:58 PM

A twh would be a spotted horse.
Anything that is Not a Quarter horse, or TB is Not a paint. They would be Pintos.

The Headstall you want would be Standard Horse.

Dustbunny 12-09-2012 05:01 PM

I would think a Standard Horse size would work.
The trouble with mail order is shipping back an order if it doesn't fit. Just don't remove any tags, try it on and keep it clean...just in case.
Those headstalls are pretty. I see why you want one!

PaintHorseMares 12-09-2012 05:45 PM

Typically a standard size horse bridle/halter will fit, but look at the size of your horse's jaw. Paints/QHs with big, halter bodies and jaws (like our Lady and Mandy) often need large horse sizes.
Posted via Mobile Device