The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   What is a gaited horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/what-gaited-horse-146205/)

HorseGirlie 12-10-2012 01:57 PM

What is a gaited horse?

What exactly is a gaited horse? Do you have any videos?? Thanks

Guilherme 12-10-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseGirlie (Post 1792783)
What exactly is a gaited horse? Do you have any videos?? Thanks

Short, functional definition: A "gaited" horse is one that does not use the trot as its intermediate gait.

Google "gaited horses" and you will get millions of hits.

G.

bbsmfg3 12-10-2012 07:48 PM

I love to show off our gaited horses. First link is to the second fastest horse ever recorded. Some will agrue about the actual speed, but it has been verified by some pretty good video experts. This is Ezd's Falcon Rowdy, one of the foundation sires of the the singlefooting association(Shoba). It's reported, his top end, in this video he was 51 mph, The only other horse ever recorded faster, was a racing QH at 52 mph.

heres another nice one

here's a nice TWH

another nice one

bbsmfg3 12-10-2012 08:10 PM

And then there was the 2012 Racking on the Edge. I took my wife's horse thru the radar in a full rack at 34 mph.

The fastest pacer was the grey you see running us down along the side lines. He was traveling 33 mph when he came down thru there. We were in the group getting out of his way.

Dead Rabbit 12-10-2012 08:58 PM

RACK ON!! Bob.

so which one are you exactly?

i like that lil grey at 3:38 and again at 4:00 and at 9:26

bbsmfg3 12-10-2012 09:09 PM

I'm the one holding the camera.

Malda 12-10-2012 09:51 PM

That looks like fun. I'd love to have a racking horse, but there really aren't any for sale in California.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsmfg3 (Post 1793271)
And then there was the 2012 Racking on the Edge. I took my wife's horse thru the radar in a full rack at 34 mph.

The fastest pacer was the grey you see running us down along the side lines. He was traveling 33 mph when he came down thru there. We were in the group getting out of his way.

2012 Racking on the Edge Speed Racking/Pacing Music Video - YouTube

Dead Rabbit 12-10-2012 09:54 PM

i enjoy riding my walker. but ive recently been very interested in these singlefootin horses. im just starting to learn about these types of horses. i got a friend that has some of that george forman bloodline. another fella not far from me has some studs outa the rowdy and undertaker lines, also a couple of studs outa that rev. homer you posted a video of. some awsome rackin studs.
they too much for me right now. im wanting to get a gelding though. wish i had waited on buying the walker now.

SueNH 12-11-2012 08:36 PM

Odin's gray horse Sleipner was said to have eight legs. Count this boy's feet when he opens up.

Nothing like this up in New England. Wish there was.

Dead Rabbit 12-12-2012 12:15 AM

yes sir........as GOD is my witness. i shall have me something like this one day soon.

interesting coloration on that rackin horse. ive never seen anything quite like him before.