The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   bucket list: 25 things every rider should experience! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/bucket-list-25-things-every-rider-146246/)

skyhorse1999 12-10-2012 08:06 PM

bucket list: 25 things every rider should experience!

well...I just found this and was really suprised at how many I could cross off! how bout you guys?

1 Gallop on the beach.
2 Win a blue ribbon, even if it’s for the egg and spoon race!
3 Enjoy an evening of equestrian theater, from major touring productions such as Cavalia to local performance troupes.
4 Try your hand at cattle work. Find out what it means when they say a horse is “cowy.”
5 Jump! From crossrails to cross-country obstacles, experience the thrill of soaring over fences.
6 Fall off and get right back on again. Conquering fear is empowering.
7 See the majestic white Lipizzan stallions at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.
8 Come to a sliding stop on a well-trained reining horse.
9 Take a lesson with your equestrian idol, _________ (you fill in the blank.)
10 Nurse a horse through a crisis and back to full health.
11 Experience the smooth ride of a gaited horse.
12 Watch the horses come through the Head of the Lake on cross-country day at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event.
13 Have the courage to do the right thing for your horse, even when it’s not easy.
14 Attend the Kentucky Derby dressed to the nines—including hat!
15 Tackle a trail accessible only by horseback and enjoy the view.
16 Take your dream vacation on horseback.
17 Master the sitting trot.
18 Ride a fine-tuned horse in your discipline of choice, be it dressage schoolmaster or barrel champ.
19 Watch polo. Even better, try your hand at it!
20 Feed, muck, groom, ride. Repeat daily.
21 Wake up to a whinny every morning.
22 Fly down the track on a Thoroughbred.
23 Meet one of your favorite famous horses in person.
24 Ride bareback, bridleless ... or both!
25 Share a bond with your horse that’s deeper than words

I've got 1 2 5 6 7(ish. I''ve seen majestic spanish lippizanners preforming, but not in vienna) 11 13 15 16 17 19 20 22(ish. flown down a field on a thoroughbred?) 23(sorta. secretariats grandson. counts?) 24, 25:)

xJumperx 12-10-2012 08:16 PM

This is fun!! :D I can cross off the following -

2 Win a blue ribbon, even if it’s for the egg and spoon race!
3 Enjoy an evening of equestrian theater, from major touring productions such as Cavalia to local performance troupes. (Magical!)
5 Jump! From crossrails to cross-country obstacles, experience the thrill of soaring over fences. (Best feeling ever!!!!!)
6 Fall off and get right back on again. Conquering fear is empowering. (Let's not count how many times ...)
7 See the majestic white Lipizzan stallions at the Spanish Riding School. (Didn't go to Vienna)
17 Master the sitting trot. (On SOME horses!! :p *cough* gaited *cough*)
18 Ride a fine-tuned horse in your discipline of choice, be it dressage schoolmaster or barrel champ.
21 Wake up to a whinny every morning. (<3)
23 Meet one of your favorite famous horses in person. (Sapphire!!)
24 Ride bareback, bridleless ... or both! (Both :])
25 Share a bond with your horse that’s deeper than words (<33)

jumanji321 12-11-2012 01:12 AM

Haha, the only one I avoid doing is winning a blue ribbon! First place in Canada is red and second is blue! LOL IDK why though. It's okay though because red is my favourite colour.

apachewhitesox 12-11-2012 01:47 AM

5 Jump! From crossrails to cross-country obstacles, experience the thrill of soaring over fences. It was only small but awesome fun

6 Fall off and get right back on again. Conquering fear is empowering. Done this a few times laughed every time

21 Wake up to a whinny every morning. Best sound ever!

22 Fly down the track on a Thoroughbred. Does it count if I was just ridng the horse used for ponying out with a baby. It was an awesome feeling

23 Meet one of your favorite famous horses in person. I met the famous reining stallion in Australia Shiny n Nu beautiful horse inside and out

24 Ride bareback, bridleless ... or both! Best rides ever

Looks like I still have quite a list to work on.

minstrel 12-11-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1793860)
Haha, the only one I avoid doing is winning a blue ribbon! First place in Canada is red and second is blue! LOL IDK why though. It's okay though because red is my favourite colour.

Same in the UK, red is 1st and blue is second. Hence the phrase "red or dead" ;)

Poco1220 12-11-2012 02:31 AM

1 Gallop on the beach.
2 Win a blue ribbon, DONE!
3 Enjoy an evening of equestrian theater, DONE!.
4 Try your hand at cattle work. Find out what it means when they say a horse is “cowy.”
5 Jump! DONE!
6 Fall off and get right back on DONE!
7 See the majestic white Lipizzan stallions at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.
9 Take a lesson with your equestrian idol, _________ (you fill in the blank.)
10 Nurse a horse through a crisis DONE!
11 Experience the smooth ride DONE!
12 Watch the horses come through the Head of the Lake on cross-country day at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event.
13 Have the courage to do the right thing DONE!
15 Tackle a trail DONE!
17 Master the sitting trot.
19 Watch polo. Even better, try your hand at it!
20 Feed, muck, groom, ride. DONE!
21 Wake up to a whinny DONE!
22 Fly down the track on a Thoroughbred.
24 Ride bareback, bridleless DONE!
25 Share a bond DONE!
Posted via Mobile Device

ellygraceee 12-11-2012 02:45 AM

1 Gallop on the beach. Done!
2 Win a blue ribbon, even if it’s for the egg and spoon race! Done!
3 Enjoy an evening of equestrian theater, from major touring productions such as Cavalia to local performance troupes. Done!
4 Try your hand at cattle work. Find out what it means when they say a horse is “cowy.” Done!
5 Jump! From crossrails to cross-country obstacles, experience the thrill of soaring over fences.Done!
6 Fall off and get right back on again. Conquering fear is empowering.Done!
7 See the majestic white Lipizzan stallions at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. I didn't go to Vienna, they came to me haha.
9 Take a lesson with your equestrian idol, _________ I've had lessons with both Brett Parbery and Tor Van Den Berg and I've stayed at Blas Lago's house for a week.
10 Nurse a horse through a crisis and back to full health.
13 Have the courage to do the right thing for your horse, even when it’s not easy.Done :(
15 Tackle a trail accessible only by horseback and enjoy the view. Done!
17 Master the sitting trot. Done!
18 Ride a fine-tuned horse in your discipline of choice, be it dressage schoolmaster or barrel champ. Done!
19 Watch polo. Even better, try your hand at it! Tried it, it's a blast!
20 Feed, muck, groom, ride. Repeat daily. Done!
21 Wake up to a whinny every morning. Done!
22 Fly down the track on a Thoroughbred. Well, not on the track, but next to it on my old OTTB
23 Meet one of your favorite famous horses in person. I've groomed for Northern Hector, Northern Xanthus III and Vivaldi.
24 Ride bareback, bridleless ... or both! Done both!
25 Share a bond with your horse that’s deeper than words Most definitely :)

Hidalgo13 12-11-2012 08:19 AM

26 Go to the famous Live horse museum in France Chantilly! :D

MHFoundation Quarters 12-11-2012 08:25 AM

I need to ride on the beach, play polo & go to Vienna and I can complete the list :) Though I have rode one of the touring Lip stallions, kind of counts I guess?
Posted via Mobile Device

egrogan 12-11-2012 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Fun list. I've got a long ways to go, but here's where I stand!

1 Gallop on the beach. (Post gallop pic below, with hubby on amazing honeymoon trip-which counts as #16)
5 Jump! From crossrails to cross-country obstacles, experience the thrill of soaring over fences.
6 Fall off and get right back on again. Conquering fear is empowering.
7 See the majestic white Lipizzan stallions at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. (NOT IN VIENNA)
14 Attend the Kentucky Derby dressed to the nines—including hat! (HAT PIC BELOW!! :wink: )
24 Ride bareback, bridleless ... or both!