The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Horse racism (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/horse-racism-146267/)

Showjumper1289 12-10-2012 11:08 PM

Horse racism

Have you ever had tour horse juged or made fun of cause of there breed color etc. My horse gets made fun of becuase he is a ex racehorse competing against fancy warmbloods. Once at a show i was waiting at the in gate and some adult riders were next to the gate and one quietly said look at that little girl on that ugly horse she isant going to even place. But then i jumped a double clear and beat all the fancy warmbloods. After i won the jump off i was leaving the arena and the two adults looks were priceless
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 12-10-2012 11:13 PM

Hahaha I'm a complete horse racist with a couple of different breeds, but that was temperment wise, not ability or even appearance.....haha it got personal!:evil:

Phly 12-10-2012 11:14 PM

I catch stuff for riding a TB. We ride with rodeo guys mostly, if it ain't a QH you'll hear about it! But it's in fun and I always fire back! QH huh? At least I got a whole dang horse to ride!!!!! Heck y'all need four to make a REAL horse, lol. It's all in good fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

jillybean19 12-10-2012 11:23 PM

I'm an Arabian owner in Idaho. Nuff said.

Reno Bay 12-10-2012 11:32 PM

Here's my two cents on at least the gup in the shows. Confidence is admirable, arrogance not so much.

I like pretty much all horses in general. Individuals can annoy me, but I've never met a horse I outright hate.

countrylove 12-10-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean19 (Post 1793756)

I'm with you... Arab owner in Oregon LoL
Posted via Mobile Device

PunksTank 12-10-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean19 (Post 1793756)

That's about what it's like to be a Draft owner in MA :P Especially being a little person. There's some stigma around here that only heavy people would 'bother' to own a draft horse. -.-'

But I'm totally guilty of being a breed racist - Every Arab mare I know is a nut. I think I have "arabian mare syndrome" too though xD I think it's just cause we (me and Arabians) have an issue where we over think everything until it becomes scary. :P But I would never under-estimate any horse's ability.

Thyme 12-10-2012 11:40 PM

Its the same for Arabian owners in Washington! We can all be in a club

jillybean19 12-11-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrylove (Post 1793776)
I'm with you... Arab owner in Oregon LoL
Posted via Mobile Device

I will be soon! We're moving to Hermiston in the next month or so.

Funny enough, I have the best of both worlds: A foundation-bred QH and a pure Arabian. I tell people I have a truck and a ferrari - each has it's own specialty!

jillybean19 12-11-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunksTank (Post 1793778)
But I'm totally guilty of being a breed racist - Every Arab mare I know is a nut. I think I have "arabian mare syndrome" too though xD I think it's just cause we (me and Arabians) have an issue where we over think everything until it becomes scary. :P But I would never under-estimate any horse's ability.

My dad is a breed racist against Arabs in general. However, I wanted to do endurance and so I went and got one. I don't know if I'll ever own another breed again! Which.... still makes me breed racist in a way lol.