The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   How does my horse sound (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/how-does-my-horse-sound-146292/)

Showjumper1289 12-11-2012 08:52 AM

How does my horse sound

I have a 10 year old OTTB of the track for 3 years and I have had him for almost 2 and a half. He can jump 1.50 under saddle with my trainer and 1.35 with me we compete 1.25 and he does great. He can do some dressage, things like half pass, haunches in, shoulder in, leg yielding, flying change, walk and canter pirouette, and collection and extension. Me and my trainer trained him and he is still learning how to do things better:D
I will post som photos when I get time

Showjumper1289 12-11-2012 09:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 121387

Attachment 121388here are the pics

Chiilaa 12-11-2012 10:27 AM

How does he sound? Too good to be true, to be honest. Comparing the pictures to his list of accomplishments, he doesn't seem to add up. He isn't muscled in the right places to be able to do the movements you describe on the flat, and why would you only post pictures jumping around 2 feet (60 cm) if he can jump 1.5 m? As I said, it just doesn't add up.

Showjumper1289 12-11-2012 10:35 AM

Thoose photos were about a year ago i dont have jumping photos of high jumps becuase there either on video or my parents did not come to see me ride. They dont come often the last tome they came was in the summer

Chiilaa 12-11-2012 10:42 AM

I am just saying, if he is indeed off the track for three years, there is no way he would be that advanced in his training. It's just not physically or mentally plausible for a horse to move that fast.

NBEventer 12-11-2012 10:47 AM

I'm not buying it. I'm sorry but I just know from experience that there is no way your horse is that advanced yet.

First off, I don't see a rider capeable of that in those pictures. Second I don't see a horse with the correct muscle tone. Even with the pictures a year old there is no way he would be doing that much at this stage. Canter pirouette takes a lot of training. And jumping the height you said takes years of training to do safe and properly.

Showjumper1289 12-11-2012 10:50 AM

He really calm and a fast learner his jumping has gotten better he dosent like to be a thoroughbred he is like a draft cross mentaly and never said he was amazing at dressage we do it to help him learn balance and flexibility. He also has better mucles and digestion
Posted via Mobile Device

NBEventer 12-11-2012 10:54 AM

Its not a matter of the mind of the horse. Its a matter of proper training, muscle building and time.

A proper pirouette takes years of working up to in training.

Confidently, properly and safely jumping 1.50 takes years of training. A horse doesn't just start these things over night. His muscle tone in those pictures is next to none and upside down. He doesn't have a top line, no neck muscle and looks very hallowed out. There is no way shape or form that he is doing that level of work.

There is nothing wrong with still learning flying changes, still learning to ride a 1.10 course or developing the conditioning required for higher level stuff.

Showjumper1289 01-06-2013 09:17 PM

so you think im lying but im not you dont believe me becuase your jealous that i can train a horse better. he now has a crest and topline from lots of proper training i might whant to add my trainor trained with goerge morris last winter

themacpack 01-06-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showjumper1289 (Post 1832099)
so you think im lying but im not you dont believe me becuase your jealous that i can train a horse better. he now has a crest and topline from lots of proper training i might whant to add my trainor trained with goerge morris last winter

I needed a good :lol: