The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Prospect for Hunters (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/prospect-hunters-146379/)

levihorse84 12-11-2012 09:52 PM

Prospect for Hunters

1 Attachment(s)
Please critique the horse only. Thank you! :-)

JumperGurl 12-13-2012 10:39 PM

Not sure how old he is, but he seems like he's within his first few years of jumping because of how he doesn't lower his neck. However, it could be that he's been caught in the mouth a few times over a jump and has just learned that he shouldn't stretch his neck down and out. He's got a great front end, seems to not be so tight with his hooves though, but he should learn to clean that up as he becomes more experience and starts to jump bigger. And as time goes by he should learn to drop his head more and then he's knees are going to be up to his eyeballs it seems like.

You can see that he has a lot of scope in him too!! Overall I say he'd make an amazing hunter.

Oxer 12-14-2012 01:05 AM

beautiful expression, nice and square in front, pushed off evenly from his hind. Unfortunately though he's not an A rated hunter in my opinion. I'd even say more of an Eq horse. Much too flat over fences.

Weezilla 12-16-2012 07:36 PM

Beautiful horse, gorgeous head, nice and square with his knees. I dont see the bascule (round back, lower neck) seen in A hunters, but this photo is merely one moment in time, at take-off with hind hooves still grounded, and the fence is low. Gymnastics would help tons.

he is beee-yoo-dee-full!

LiveJumpLove 12-29-2012 01:41 AM

I agree with the top comments maybe not an 'A' circuit horse but you can always give it a shot but he does need some more practice, but should be able to do 'B' rated shows (showing provincially). Good Luck!