The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My New Vehicle

9K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  michaelvanessa 
#1 ·
I have finally found the marathon vehicle I want and can afford, found lots that I wanted but could not afford. I am selling several vehicles to buy this one, so I hope this will be my last purchase for a while.

If all goes well I will order it next Tues, and it will arrive in USA sometime in Feb.

It can be painted any European automobile color, so I am going to the Jaguar/Bentley dealer tomorrow to pick out a color.

Pilgrim and I will be stepping in high cotton.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
I own cart very similar to the one in your profile picture Taffy Clayton only mine is black. I like the your new buggy, my MPB is really low. Granted the horse who used to pull it has since passed but even when he was alive it was really low.

#33 ·
The horse is 15.1hh and sturdy. I was wondering that about the Viceroy. There's an old road adjacent to my property and I wasn't able to envision a Viceroy managing that with it's dips and hollows and a few mud holes. Would you believe it is cheaper for me to purchase out of the US and pay the freight that order from Canada. Much more expensive here. Half our retailer's website don't include prices as they are afraid someone will undercut their prices. How far are you from Branson?

#35 ·
Thank you for that post. I didn't get a chance to come back and look until now. I just love the look of them. Sort of reminds me of "Little house on the prairie" days. I would love to someday have one just for plodding about in. Maybe some parades.

#37 ·
carts

to tc keep hold of your meddow brook cart its a fine exercise cart but as for keeping up with the jones id let them get on with it.
i think the carts you have are great and also good looking as well most of the new carts have no carector at all i prefer older traps carts my self as i have 2 of them 1 is a governess cart and the other one is a 4 wheel dog cart dates 1890 stamped on the axel for the dog cart and for the governess cart 1904 that was the year of manafacture,

#38 ·
They have one of those marathon courses not to far from me and I went and watched it. Single and two horse, even a 4 horse went through the obstacles With the higher levels and speed, I can see why you need a special cart. It looks very special indeed. Has Pilgrim been told what is coming?

#39 ·
Poor Pilgrim doesn't have a clue.
We are practicing cantering this winter, with no rider or vehicle attached,free lounging in a round pen. He is a mess when he canters, so off balanced and very choppy in the hind end, he hops, he is getting better though. Our goal is to be able to canter with the vehicle by fall.
Hey, you should go to the CDE in your area this fall, Oklahoma is on my short list for competitions this year. It would be fun to see someone I know there.

#40 ·
cantering

hiya tc and g8ted horse tc i wish i could wind the clock back or even send you a dvd of me tricky and tammy we are driveing in the indoor school of a barn were we were borders and thay are in action in tandem in canter we got them going and after that we hit the road and the forest in the four wheeler that quincy is in.
tc i think if you trust pilgrim and if he is responsive to voice commands try him in canter in the cart.
tc may i sugest rideing him in a blinkerd bridle or race blinkers as he will feel your weight and also your legs as well and you can build up his balance all the best michael and tricky and quincy.

#42 ·
Taffy Clayton...Did you say what you wanted for the Meadowbrook? I am in driving distance. Not close but a day away in Oklahoma.
I haven't advertised it yet, but I am planning on asking $1200. Will probably take $1000. If it doesnt sell right away will go down to $900, No less than that or I will keep it.

I am terrible at selling things, I don't want strangers comming to my house so I have to meet them somewhere like the park or a parking lot, that gets to be a hassle. So I want the process over with as soon as possible.

#45 ·
I did it finally! Check is in the mail.
I know I said I was going to order a month ago but it took this long to finalize the carriage.

The colors are Hunter Green with bright burgandy pin striping.
Here are the colors on carriages.

I am so excited. I should have by late March.

Base color Hunter green- not the wheel color
Land vehicle Carriage Vehicle Horse and buggy Wagon

stripes bright burgandy the body color

Land vehicle Vehicle Carriage Product Wagon

#47 ·
new cart

hiya tc it looks great i would get some quickreleases for your traces as i have seen the tug holes on the swingletree i think your going to have a lot of fun with that i have still got to show you pictures of mine im driveing on saturday so ill take some pictures your colouryou have chosen for your new cart will look awesome and it looks like your going to have a lot of fun there.

#49 ·
When you are competing in the marathon phase of the combined driving event, your groom/navigator stands on the back of the vehicle and holds on to the handles. The navigator helps add ballast to the vehicle to keep the rear wheels from coming off of the ground and helps through turns to keep the vehicle from becoming off balance.
The navigator can stand upright and hold on to the back of the seat, as in the photo, but when a competitor gets to really going you will see a navigator hanging on to the handles and hanging 3/4 of the way out of the cart around corners.

The handles on my vehicle are also adjustable so they can act as a backrest if I have a passenger sitting on the fenders.

Horse Vehicle Carriage Horse and buggy Cart

#50 ·
balanceing

i can see that you will be skidding and churning up the dust with that one and it looks like your in fo a lot of fun times there.
on a dirt surface and when i was in the indoor school i use to lean the oppersit way to counter the forces and use to churn up the surface it was great fun at a canter and i hope you have a great time when yours arrives.
youll have to get some pratice in miss clayton i think youll have to fix a trypod of some sorts so you can film your self and your horse in action.
i wish you and pilgrim all the best as you said he sounds a great horse.
many thanks michael.

#54 ·
new cart

tc i think it should be wrapped up as a big present for you as the way you typed there your words are filled with excitement like waiting for christmass day to arrive.
tc thank goodness santa did not have a cart like yours in stead of a sleigh think you would have snached it a way from santa,with all that excitement may i wish you and pilgrim eather an early or belated happy christmass.
as its a beautiful present for any driver to have.
i owe you an apollagy im sorry you love trees forgive me i cut a gap in the christmass tree so your new present would fit underneath it with a chain saw.
tc thanks and have a great day full of excitement.

#57 ·
new cart

thats good news its just going through a customs check and it will be cleared and deliverd to you soon.
i wish you and pilgrim happy driveing also you can check the train weight/draft weight try it your self and find out how light it is.
lol i try mine.
when it arrives have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.