The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My New Vehicle

9K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  michaelvanessa 
#1 ·
I have finally found the marathon vehicle I want and can afford, found lots that I wanted but could not afford. I am selling several vehicles to buy this one, so I hope this will be my last purchase for a while.

If all goes well I will order it next Tues, and it will arrive in USA sometime in Feb.

It can be painted any European automobile color, so I am going to the Jaguar/Bentley dealer tomorrow to pick out a color.

Pilgrim and I will be stepping in high cotton.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·

That is beautiful... wow

How many miles per bale of hay does it get ? :lol:

Thanks, It is state of the art.
It has 4 wheel disc brakes, independant rear air adjustable suspension,Trailing arm suspension so no rear axel, so a lower center of gravity, fith wheel brake to help with fish tailing.

I will have to let you know about the MPB. :lol:

Attachments

#3 ·
new vehicle

hiya that looks grand i think you can do a lot of scurry driveing with that one does it have air suspention as i noted air bags and independent brakeing for the back wheels.
with that vehicle your going to have a lot of fun and id like to see a picture of your new turn out.
all the best michael.

#5 ·
hiya that looks grand i think you can do a lot of scurry driveing with that one does it have air suspention as i noted air bags and independent brakeing for the back wheels.
with that vehicle your going to have a lot of fun and id like to see a picture of your new turn out.
all the best michael.
You are good; I had to have everything explained to me. I am going to have to have a lesson on how to work everything. I hope I don't confuse the rear brake pedal with the front brake pedal.

One more photo, sorry I am just very excited to finally have made my decision.

Attachments

#6 ·
new vehicle

that a realy nice 4 wheeler and i can picture you going around a driveing trials course through obsticles.
even at a local show cone driveing.
i can see that your going to have a lot of fun.
i hope to harness tricky and quincy up and take some pictures of them and also carols little stanley she has a 4 wheeler like your new one and a frend is going to leave his pony here who welded my 4 wheeler im going to put his pony in harness his name is baggie as well and a frend called penny her pony smuge as well and carols grand daughters pony pebbles so we have a few on and near the yard i think baggies owner roy his gray pony roley drives to if not ill brake him as well i have a few to do here we will have to get a big photo done in the near future.

#12 ·
As a buckskin owner myself, I think burgundy looks very classy and elegant.
Many years ago I helped with a few shows at Aiken SC for a barn client. It was very exciting to be on the courses, and your new vehicle (is it not pc to say buggy anymore?) is beautiful!
Can't wait to see pics when it arrives in whichever color you choose. :)

#18 ·
Omg Taffy! That is gorgeous beyond belief! I'm afraid to ask how much such a thing costs. We just bought our first pony cart for $100 and I'm feeling like a country queen!
I figure if I drive for another 25 years, and the vehicle lasts that long, ie I don't crash it, It will cost me a good bottle of wine a month.:lol: So it doesn't look so extravagant when thought of like that.

P.S. My mom taught me to think like that.:wink:

#20 ·
Wow! The horse people of old would never have dreamed of anything that fancy out on the prairie. ha ha Congrats on your new purchase. Looks like you will need to go back to school to learn how to use all the functions. Very snappy wagon. Will look nice in Burgundy.

#22 ·
My meadowbrook cart that I refinished this summer, has to go.
Vehicle Wagon Cart Carriage Wood

Vehicle Carriage Cart Wagon Spoke

I have a marathon cart that is going too.
Product Furniture Vehicle Antique Carriage

Vehicle Wagon Cart Spoke Chariot

I am debating weather or not to sell my breaking cart.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Rim

Vehicle Wagon Wheel Spoke Cart

I also am selling a draft winter blanket, a draft summer blanket, draft shipping boots, all burgandy in color.
Magenta Jacket

Red Fur Textile Floor Jacket

I have a Smuckers Super delux draft bridle, like new.

I have a used amish draft driving harness.

#24 ·
The smaller cart I made myself, it is 95% finished. I have a video of how to make it and the parts list of of what parts to buy from Witmers Chach shop , if you are interested. I have about $800 in the cart and 19 years.
50% of the money is in the wheels and axel with the flush hubs.

#25 ·
carts

hiya how are you and thay are great little carts and you have them barn stored which is good to.
ill have to get the two out of my garage at home for a spring clean as well.
pardon me for asking what size was your rug.
as quincy is 6'9-7'0 foot.
tc for your new cart i think some quick releases would benifit your new 4 wheeler i got some for quincy.
also i admire you for constructing the little 2 wheeler it looks fantastic.
did you chose a colour for your new cart how about british raceing green amd lined in yellow and black.

#26 ·
Michael, the rug is huge it is over 100 inches, My boy Sam the Clydesdale was over 19,1 hands. I will never get a horse that big again, he just never stopped growing.
I do need the quick releases, I have never used them before. buy the people that use them love them.
I also need to get the tillbury tugs for the new cart shafts.
I have not chosen a color yet, maybe hunter green with black pinstripes or
burgandy with cream colored pinstripes.

#27 ·
I have been corresponding with a lady who has a Viceroy for sale which needs new wheels. It's about a 1960 model. It will cost almost $1000 for Jerald wheels altho she said the much cheaper easy entry will will work. This would bring the wheels costs down to about $400. I

#28 ·
I have been corresponding with a lady who's asking $500 for a Devon Viceroy that needs new wheels. Jerald wheels, complete, will run about $1000 for 4. She says the easy entry ones will work and cost about $400 complete and delivered. The cart is about 4 hrs away so I can't just pop over and have a look. It's a 60's model and has always been shedded. Do you think the easy entry wheels will be alright?

#30 ·
I have been corresponding with a lady who's asking $500 for a Devon Viceroy that needs new wheels. Jerald wheels, complete, will run about $1000 for 4. She says the easy entry ones will work and cost about $400 complete and delivered. The cart is about 4 hrs away so I can't just pop over and have a look. It's a 60's model and has always been shedded. Do you think the easy entry wheels will be alright?
I can't remember what size horse you have. For your first vehicle, if this is, I would recomend a cart.

If I am correct the vicerots are more of a vehicle made for the ring, like for saddlebreads and roadsterponies, A viceroy won't hold up cross country and through fields and such. The wire wheels don't hold up being torqued.
For $1000 you should be able to get an easy entry cart. Those are great, east to get in and out and you can get them with better wheels.
I even think a great manufacturer is in Canada somewhere. I will find that name for you.

It all depends on what kind of driving you will be doing.
My personal opinion is that viceroys are show carts only and are too delicate for much everyday use.

#34 · (Edited)
I absolutely LOVE the Meadowbrook cart. Can I ask what you don't like about that style cart? What made you decide to trade everything in for your new delux buggy?
The Meadowbrook sits very low, it is difficult to see over Pilgrim and not easy to see around him in that cart. Also for what I would like to do, combined driving events it is nearly impossible to be competitive with that cart.
I went to my first CDE this summer with the cart, while there were other Meadowbrook’s there mine was very outdated, and by far the oldest, the wheels especially, my wheels have standard hubs which stick out about 5" from each wheel.

My friend insisted I remove the fenders for the marathon portion of the event, As a matter of fact she would not let me leave on Sat. night until we took them off, for the marathon on Sunday. She insisted they were way to dangerous on this course.
She was afraid I would get a sapling tree wedged among the fenders.
Good thinking too, On the marathon I hit 2 or 3 trees going through an extremely narrow portion of the course, and with the wet weather I just slid into the trees.
Another competitor, when she slipped she got a sapling caught between her front and rear wheels and flipped her marathon vehicle. So obviously you need to be careful with either vehicle.

Even the technical delegate commented on my wheels, suggesting I upgrade. When I competed 19 years ago you could compete with Meadowbrook’s, heck now even the training level competitors have $8000 vehicles. Not that I have ever been one to need to keep up with the Jones' I feel I will be able to use my new vehicle around the farm, and the back seats are comfortable enough for passengers.
Hopefully this will be my last purchase, I am keeping my show cart, which I love but is very difficult to get into, a really big step.

I do love the Meadowbrook but for competition it is outdated, It is still great for pleasure driving, in the ring, down the roads and on mild trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.