The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Stubben Stans NW? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/stubben-stans-nw-146497/)

laurachristine 12-12-2012 09:35 PM

Stubben Stans NW?

1 Attachment(s)
I just found a great deal on a used Stubben saddle, or so I think lol. I was trying to figure out what brand it is and all the seller could tell me was that its a size 17 seat, a stubben, and the name plate says Stubben Stans NW. I've been looking all over to see what that means but I'm not really coming up with anything. To me it looks like a Stubben Siegfried but I'm not really sure. It looks pretty nice, I don't see any scratches or stains. Well see what happens when it comes. But anyway, do you think its a nice saddle? And can someone tell me what the Stans NW means? Thanks!
:D

freia 12-12-2012 09:47 PM

I never figured out what the Stans NW stood for.

But yes, it's a very nice saddle. It looks newer? Or just very well cared for? Is it made in Germany, Switzerland, or Ireland?

Drool, drool....

Speed Racer 12-12-2012 09:57 PM

Looks like a Siegfried to me. In fact, I have one very similar sitting in my spare bedroom. :D

LOVE Stubbens, especially the older ones, and that one looks to be in gorgeous shape.

You can always contact Buddy at Stubben North America and ask him about it.

laurachristine 12-12-2012 09:58 PM

After a little bit of research, I think that is means its made in Stans, Switzerland, Stubben's Switzerland base there. Hmm... that doesn't help me to identify the type of Stubben it is though :/ any thoughts anyone? And you'll never guess how much I got it for lol

Speed Racer 12-12-2012 10:06 PM

It's a Siegfried, trust me. The curvature and suede knee patches give it away.

Do tell how much you paid. I love hearing about great bargains.

freia 12-12-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1796820)
It's a Siegfried, trust me. The curvature and suede knee patches give it away.

Do tell how much you paid. I love hearing about great bargains.

She's not going to tell us, Speed Racer. She's going to make us guess and squirm and drool. She got herself an early Christmas present and she's making us jealous and enjoying every minute of it.:twisted:

Speed Racer 12-12-2012 10:16 PM

I know! What's up with that? Glares at laura and taps her foot impatiently. How rude!

I love my Stubben. No matter whether you love or hate them, there's no denying they have an almost sexual allure.

laurachristine 12-12-2012 10:20 PM

Hahaha... Drumroll please...! A whopping $200 lol :)
Posted via Mobile Device

laurachristine 12-12-2012 10:23 PM

I dont exactly need a saddle right now but i just couldnt pass that up! My trainer wants me to get a saddle and hated the last one i tried so hopefully she likes this one and it fits the horse i ride... If not, its worth saving for later!
Posted via Mobile Device

Golden Horse 12-12-2012 10:25 PM

Great buy, lovely saddle