The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Ovation vs Troxel helmet ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/ovation-vs-troxel-helmet-146499/)

joseeandjade11 12-12-2012 09:03 PM

Ovation vs Troxel helmet ?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I have a question here, can anybody compare the sport Troxel model to the Ovation Protege helmet? Like comparing head shape and size. You see, i wear an extra small in the sport Troxel and the Ovation Protege helmet is very nice and interesting. Has anyone tried both that can compare them?

I have a very difficult time finding a new helmet due to the very small size of my head :S i tried on extra small in other brands and no luck, too big if i bring my head down the helmet drops on my forehead lol

So far the only helmet i had luck with was the sport Troxel extra small...
Attachment 121618

Attachment 121619

tim62988 12-13-2012 07:09 AM

I have an ovation deluxe schooler and I love it, fits the shape of my head very well.

The troxels seemed to be too round for my head.

The Protege, looks awsome but for me it was very uncomfortable how it comes down in the back.

best bet is to try them on at a store even if it's a couple hour drive to get to a store and get t he one that fits your head size/shape

and also for size....check out the children's helmets, or is there a huge jump between childrens sizes & adult sizes

joseeandjade11 12-13-2012 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have tried this helmet in the smallest size available and it was so uncomfortable... when i was tightening it to fit my head it was putting pressure on my forehead and there was space on each sides on top of my ear so i knew it wasn't fitting to my head shape because of that :S
picture of the helmet ive tried, it's an ovation cubix schooler helmet
Attachment 121792

5kiddos 12-13-2012 10:42 PM

I love my ovation schooling helmet. Tried a Troxel, but it was very ill-fitting and very high and round on my head. The Ovation is very comfortable and adjusts enough to fit well.

westdressgirl 12-13-2012 11:28 PM

I prefer Troxel, but each person's head is different.

tim62988 12-14-2012 06:49 AM

joseandjade sounds like the troxel is the right brand of the 2 for you.

i guess it's more of a troxel fits a basketball and ovaton fits a football type of theory. just glad you are looking for a helmet, not sure why so many go without. they are a pretty cheap piece of protective equipment

kitten_Val 12-14-2012 08:14 AM

Troxel helmets (some, but not all) fit my head, Ovation doesn't. So you can't really "compare" till you try it on your head.

WesternRider88 12-14-2012 01:16 PM

I like the Troxel helmet but that's just my opinion. It's what feels more comfortable to you. :)

joseeandjade11 12-14-2012 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the replies :)

I like my sport troxel helmet but i think it's just time for a new one and i sort of want one that adjusts so in the winter i can put my tuque underneath without having to feel my head being squished..

So from what i can understand is that even if i try other ovation helmets they wont' fit my head properly..so i should probably stick with troxel?

Has any one ever tried this helmet or heard of it before? I really really love the look of it, im just wondering if the extra small will fit my head properly
Its a Troxel Liberty helmet
Attachment 121935
Troxel Liberty Helmet - Low Profile Schooling Helmet Troxel Equestrian Helmets

joseeandjade11 12-14-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim62988 (Post 1798879)
joseandjade sounds like the troxel is the right brand of the 2 for you.

i guess it's more of a troxel fits a basketball and ovaton fits a football type of theory. just glad you are looking for a helmet, not sure why so many go without. they are a pretty cheap piece of protective equipment

I agree to that, i never ride without my helmet, i only had one exception and it was for halloween... i dont have anything against anyone who rides without one but i feel safer wearing one ;) which is why im looking a for a new one that looks a bit nicer and lightweight like my sport troxel, i sometimes forget i have it on haha