The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Working Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/working-equitation-146581/)

RunSlideStop 12-13-2012 06:41 PM

Working Equitation

Hello all!

Curious if anyone here does Working Equitation, or is interested in trying it out? I am doing a bit of market research. :)

On that note, does anyone know what the official governing body for WE is in America? I have found USWEA and WEUSA, but I am not sure if there are others, and/or which is the "official" association, if either is at all!

I welcome photos/videos of your WE if you'd like to share! :)

Thanks!
Cheers,
RSS

deserthorsewoman 12-13-2012 07:01 PM

I've posted some videos of it in some threads on here for comparison, for example. It seems relatively unknown here.

RunSlideStop 12-13-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 1798241)
I've posted some videos of it in some threads on here for comparison, for example. It seems relatively unknown here.

Do you think it would be something that could pick up quickly in the US? I am in the South (weird for me to say now, as I am a born and raised Oregonian!), and it seems that WEUSA is in Florida/Georgia, but that's about it (that I can find!). I would love to start bringing this awesome discipline into the US if at all possible!

deserthorsewoman 12-13-2012 08:22 PM

It's all a matter of marketing....first find the Iberian horses here.
Here is already Extreme Cowboy Race, and bridle horses are more and more in demand. Don't know, honestly. It needs to be introduced right, any horse expo there is. For starters.......

RunSlideStop 12-13-2012 08:36 PM

What about amateur level type stuff? I think a lot of people would enjoy trying this, regardless of the breed of their horse. Ideally the traditional type WE could be introduced, but on a less expensive level, I think people could enjoy this.

Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 12-13-2012 08:37 PM

I would love to try it :)
Posted via Mobile Device

deserthorsewoman 12-13-2012 08:49 PM

I think it could work if it would start out as an allbreed thing.
Cowboy and western dressage works......

DancingArabian 12-13-2012 09:13 PM

What is Working Equitation?

COWCHICK77 12-13-2012 09:17 PM

Deserthorse has posted this video before...I think it is awesome :)

RunSlideStop 12-13-2012 09:17 PM

That is a Speed class, one of the three (sometimes four) classes. There is Maneuverability, Speed, Working Dressage, and at higher levels, team cattle work. :)

Visit Working Equitation USA - or United States Working Equitation Association - Home :)
Posted via Mobile Device

ETA: Deserthorsewoman, what is the reason you think it should start as an all-breed type thing? Also, what do you mean by all-breed, exactly? :)